My headphone collection is nothing, and I mean nothing!
Jan 30, 2007 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 178

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
In comparison to WertherDVX's collection! My goodness...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/members/wertherdvx/

I'm speechless. I really don't know what to say, except... wow! That, and he must have run out of energy when it came to listing amps, sources, cables, and the like.

Edit: The man obviously enjoys collecting and archiving headphones, as well as keeping a low profile here at Head-Fi. So please, folks, don't be bombarding him with PM requests to borrow X, Y, or Z, or even to do a bunch of comparions on your behalf. He's described himself as a non-audiophile and a headphone archivist, so let's leave it at that.

There is no need for social commentary either (you know, about the starving children in Africa). Afterall, this is only one aspect of the man's life, and the rest of it is his business.

But... wow!!!

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 178
Very impressive. That is a fantastic collection - I've seen him active on the WTBs in the forums, but had no idea.

I bet Stax is next.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 178
I'm curious to find out how many he uses on a regular basis. Even if he doesn't use any, that's fine. This is obviously a collection and should be considered in the same vein as stamp or coin collecting.

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #7 of 178
That's an amazing list of headphones there. And it'd have to be to beat out Santa!!

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 178
He should take a Duggeh pic with everyone on at 1 time!

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #9 of 178
did anyone notice under 'occupation' he listed 'doing nothing
very_evil_smiley.gif
'

now I say that's impressive, unless you are an old geezer..LOL

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #10 of 178
Did anyone notice that he can't even fit all his headphones in the alotted space for headphones and has to carry it through into the amp section???

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #11 of 178
my man needs a pair of Koss clips. Long Live the KSC 35/75!
biggrin.gif

and i agree with JJCha. Electrostatic Earspeakers are next! He'll have plenty of fun hunting down the bajillions of STAX configurations!

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #15 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy impressive collection! But I'm also impressed by the fact that he is missing the two best values in Headphonedom: Koss KSC-35 and Grado SR-60, unbelievable
biggrin.gif

isn't it sad that the man has 120+ cans, and not only are we not fazed, but we are actually recommending the man get MORE cans? the Curse is very strong.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back