My guilty pleasure IEMs/BUDs
Sep 6, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #31 of 49
Yincrow X6, easy. This thing is great. One of the few earbuds I truly enjoy and use often, even though I have much more expensive ear buds and IEMs and headphones.
Also, not as cheap as the topic, but Samsung Galaxy Buds. True wireless with good tonality. I use these very often as well.

Amazing...the Yincrow X6 are about $10 on Aliexpress. I wasn't that familiar with them. Looks like a button is going to get pressed this evening in UK.

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #33 of 49
Amazing...the Yincrow X6 are about $10 on Aliexpress. I wasn't that familiar with them. Looks like a button is going to get pressed this evening in UK.

Yea they are one of the few ear buds that have proper bass response with a semblance of sub-bass and tuned to sound quite nicely. Graphs well too, so I'm not making it up. :)
Not like the best resolution, but tonally speaking, they are the best for ear buds I've tried at any price. (Smabat DT-S10s gold is next closest, but x6 still better)

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #34 of 49
Mind sharing where you bought this from?

They came with the old Toshiba MP3 players...
1599423340606.png

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #35 of 49
Yea they are one of the few ear buds that have proper bass response with a semblance of sub-bass and tuned to sound quite nicely. Graphs well too, so I'm not making it up. :)
Not like the best resolution, but tonally speaking, they are the best for ear buds I've tried at any price. (Smabat DT-S10s gold is next closest, but x6 still better)
Just pressed the button on red and gold version from NiceHCK. £9.82. Nice(HCK) one.

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #36 of 49
Final E500 + Sedna tips (or Final E3000 for a more lush signature)

When paired with Sednas it's probably the IEM that I use the most nowadays for its natural tonality and since it's kinda hard to drive for a DD, it has a perfect volume scaling for my ears. The E500 sounds its best at higher volumes and yet it feels natural/safe when at loudish volumes. 0 fatigue.

I'm a sucker for vocals and oh boy, they are full and lush, to me it's laid-back well done. I feel I'm in the front row and I can picture the sense of distance between the vocalist and me, most of my IEMs are like the vocals are in front of me without any sense of distance, which is fine but this presentation gives me more "wow" moments. They just let me down when I listen to electronic music since they lack sub-bass extension, it rolls off quite a bit below 70Hz, it's more all about the mid-bass body, but I don't even care since the rest is so good for me.

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #37 of 49
[D T] (6):

1599381462158.png 1599381498145.png

DD should be BA and vice versa!
Don't have the original but have the "pro", which adds a BA. I definitely like this pair a lot and the price for a tribrid is amazing.

I always forget about this pair when people ask for cheap recommendations (partially because of its headfi status) but I'd definitely take it over the likes of the Blon and others.

Only downside is I get some mild shocks from the housing due to bad mmcx shielding.

Sep 6, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #38 of 49
5A0AE9D8-A786-45C0-BE94-A1600455818B.jpeg
81C35FAC-C497-4F33-ABCF-222F4BB1E9F1.jpeg
F554C575-F3AC-4E39-99E2-1F2A1ECF612C.jpeg
6E507086-1135-4087-91FC-EC444627F525.jpeg

Modded Blitzwolf BW-ES1.

Grephene coated single DD

paid $16 at walmart dot com

really good sound-stage, good technicality, and amazing tonality since it’s modded.

fixed cable but I still enjoy listening to it time to time.

compared to another graphene coated DD iBasso IT-00, the BW-ES1 (built circa 2017) sounds more open and natural with slightly inferior sub-bass extension.

I bought like 6-8 of them to mod and gave away to friends and families. Look on their face after hearing it was priceless.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #40 of 49
Yincrow X6, easy. This thing is great. One of the few earbuds I truly enjoy and use often, even though I have much more expensive ear buds and IEMs and headphones.
Also, not as cheap as the topic, but Samsung Galaxy Buds. True wireless with good tonality. I use these very often as well.
Thx for the recommendation.

Screenshots_2020-09-06-18-06-06.png
Convinced myself I need it with mic for conf calls at home. But I already used that excuse up 4x.... :frowning2:

Sep 6, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #41 of 49
How are these soundwise?

It actually is a very bang for buck set. Good soundstage, above average technical performance, quite nice imaging.

Only issue is the piezos settling the treble frequencies are quite power hungry, needs amping to shine. Without amping I find the treble a bit dull.

And one other important thing to note is the timbre for acoustic instruments is very artificial. If you are using it for genres that incorporate acoustic instruments, I would advise to look elsewhere, but for all other genres, it is extremely good for the price. At $16 US during sales, incorporates a MMCX detachable connection to boot at that price (I see some sets retailing for more than 10 times even today, with non detachable cables). I liked it so much I bought 2 sets as a spare. Haven't heard the pro version of this, but reviews are quite polarizing for the pro version.

Sep 6, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #42 of 49
Don't have the original but have the "pro", which adds a BA. I definitely like this pair a lot and the price for a tribrid is amazing.

I always forget about this pair when people ask for cheap recommendations (partially because of its headfi status) but I'd definitely take it over the likes of the Blon and others.

Only downside is I get some mild shocks from the housing due to bad mmcx shielding.
May I add, it is essential to change the stock tips. Personally I use the Spiral Dots and they compliment the [D T] (6) wonderfully.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #44 of 49

Users who are viewing this thread

Back