My Grado HF-1 sounds very good but... (photos)
Oct 13, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #31 of 63
Bah, if you think paying for shipping to have them fixed is worth it, what the heck, send them in. My SR-80's have a similar scuff mark and, well, it's a cheaply made plastic cup, what can you expect? The price here doesn't reflect the build quality at all, it's all about the sound! Keep in mind we're getting new drivers here, I think that's worth a lot.

Oct 13, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #32 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
That definatley is a bold thing to say,

i'm refraining from saying anything, i'm listening to my third song with them, i am reminded of the RS1 a bit ; ).

I've pretty much resorted to keeping my mouth shut. I love them dearly, and I have owned the RS-1 too. There's a lot of things I'd love to say about them but now there's people questioning credibility and policing their perception of over-the-top impressions and now HF-1 "Fanboy" is being thrown around. It's too bad. I've got 400-500 hours on mine now and I like them a lot and that's about all I probably should say.

Oct 13, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #33 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
I I've got 400-500 hours on mine now and I like them a lot and that's about all I probably should say.

500 hours = 20 days straight listening time. You must like the HF-1's more then anyone on the planet. How on earth do you have that much time on your hands to listen to headphones?!?!? I'm hard pressed to listen for 2 hours a day.

Oct 13, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #34 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by false
500 hours = 20 days straight listening time. You must like the HF-1's more then anyone on the planet. How on earth do you have that much time on your hands to listen to headphones?!?!? I'm hard pressed to listen for 2 hours a day.

Ha! No, I didn't listen to them for all those hours.
tongue.gif
I broke them in by playing music through them non-stop, 24/7 until I hit close to 500 hours or so where I got tired of it and stopped calculating the hours. I listen to them a few hours a day or so. Heh heh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #36 of 63
#49 has the same marks, I assumed that he used surplus cups, some or most of which may have been those set aside and labled as "defective". If you think logically its a great way to dump alot of bad cups.

Dont take it as an insult to the ethics of grado, it was just my fist guess when I saw it, you reasoning actually makes more sense but its another view on the situation.

please take this post with a grain of salt, Im not trying to start anything

Oct 14, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #37 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
There is a saying, if you have nothing nice to say, just shut your face.

and.. what would the be the point of having a forum if everyone just agreed with one another?

Oct 14, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #38 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
and.. what would the be the point of having a forum if everyone just agreed with one another?

what does disagreeing have to do with thread crapping and being nasty? You missed the point.

Oct 14, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #39 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
There is a saying, if you have nothing nice to say, just shut your face.

Here's another idea... if someone's saying something nasty that you don't like, just shut your browser window. There's an ignore list feature here as well.

Don't you think people should be responsible for their own satisfaction re: other people's posts?

Oct 14, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #40 of 63
My SR225 have a mark on both cups in the same spot. I bought em 3 years ago. These aren't surplus "defective" cups on the HF-1. If you don't want Grado headphones with the blemish, then don't buy any of the series with the plastic cups. Better yet, don't buy Grados at all and let the rest of the folks here with great sounding phones do without all this grief.

If I could top 10 million in sales selling headphones then maybe I'd have something to say to John Grado concerning how he does business. Otherwise, I'd be "delusional" about how much my negative opinions are worth.

Oct 14, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #42 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
I meant no harm. Anyhow, whatever i'll drop it. This is pretty stupid.

Saying "Shut your face" is not stupid. I found it to be most informative, and a great post. In fact, it inspired me to be more patriotic about the forums!
quiet.jpg

biggrin.gif
All joking aside, we should all just take a chill pill and not get pissed by the trolls. Instead I'll listen to "Leave Me Alone" by New Order...*cues it up!*

Oct 14, 2005 at 6:49 AM Post #43 of 63
The marks are indeed caused by the Molding procedure, where the Plastic is injected to the 2 part mold, leaves what plastic modellers refer to as "flashing".
The mark you refer to is where the cups were snipped or snapped from the plastic sprue. Depending on the person doing the job as to whether it is noticable or not, when doing plastic model kits, it important to take care when removing the parts from the sprue to avoid such blemishing.

It doesnt bother me, as long as its not overly noticable and they still sound sweet

biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #45 of 63
I don't get it, everytime someone raises issues about some manufacturing problem/defects concerning grado headphones, there will be some who will jump out and get hot under their collar and vehemently defending grado without dealing with the issue...

A scuff is a scuff, given it doesn't bother me (noted it in all my Gradoes), I still like grado, I don't like the attitude of some...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back