My Grado HF-1 sounds very good but... (photos)
Oct 15, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #61 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
WHOA.

My bad, it was late. Dag655321 suggested probably the best solution and I think that ends the thread right there. That is all Grado has to do to make a considerable amount of people happy. (Of course I have to respond though,
frown.gif
)

Secondly, "How else is the man going to put food on the table?"

You know companies spend a considerable amount of money on advertising, R&D, and public relations right? This *COULD* be considering a form of advertising (Hey, look at all the threads),*COULD* also be a form of R&D (Testing the new inner wood form and product, again, look at all the threads), and *COULD* also be a form of public relations (He's giving back to the community aka donations thus making his company look rather angelic). Unless you are Grado yourself, you don't know if this is just for the heck of it out of the good of his heart, or if he's doing this for a reason. My sincere apologies if this is completely personal and has nothing to do with his company, but that is just hard for me to see in this age....

In any case, Grado has no problem putting food on the table. That is absurd.

Anyway, I think I'm done here, if the product fails to meet my expectations I will give him a call and see if it meets his (or if he'll fix it). If it does I don't think I will be able to keep the headphones. This might in the end be a personal issue, but hey, gotta check if I'm alone right?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 15, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #63 of 63
From mjg: "The build quality issue has been so greatly exagaraated" I don think so. There are many cases of grados falling apart, mine too but managed to repair it. HD595 , hd600 and hd650 have much better build quality that you don't have the slightest fear of them falling apart.

You misread. I was talking about HF1's, which i have, and have heard, and can feel on my head. I'm not forming speculations. Yet, if you wanted some info, based on guys that have them, then yea, i feel it's fine.

People are measuring things in term of better, which is totally flawed. You can agree on better, or different, but not on the equivlant terms, where better might mean, better built, better looking, better sounding? Not so, how about different sounding?

THey sound different then sr325i, that doesn't make them better or worse, though if you hated the sound, then that can mean worse sounding. Applying the value to them, and then reading ramblings on build quality and then being discouraged is a shame, all i can tell you is i really like them, enjoy their sound, and if they fell apart (since this seems your fear) i'd sent them back to john grado, he's a good guy, and has even gone as far as reparing headphones that he doesn't sell anymore (my hp1's) for free.

OH yea, and todd has a 30 day money back guaruntee. So, if you hated them in terms of sound, send them back, if they fell apart, u can have them fixed, if u hated them and they fell apart, u can get your money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back