My girlfriend destroyed my headphones.
May 31, 2011 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xiton

New Head-Fier
Well, kinda. I received a text from her while I was at work saying that she vacuumed over the cord. When I got home, I saw that the vac had pretty much destroyed the wires. They were frayed, cut, spliced and otherwise beat up. Now, they're not the most expensive headphones in the world, but were my primary gaming set. Creative Aurvana Live!

So I was wondering. Is it possible, difficult, or worth it to rewire these? I've never done anything like it before, and wouldn't even know where to start. I'm looking for any advice, recommendations or hand-holding to help me through my tough time.

Thanks all. :)

May 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 3
Just cut off the damaged portion or close to the headphones and terminate with a socket to make a detachable cable of sorts. Far less likely to damage the drivers accidently. You can then use any 3.5 to 3.5mm cable that you may have lying around.

Diagrams for the connections. Yours should be TRS, so refer to the one with the additional silver ring.

http://gaussmarkov.net/wordpress/parts/connectors/14-phone-jacks-and-plugs/

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Yep, just reterminate it. They should be fine.

If you don't want to DIY it, ask in the DIY Forum for someone to repair them. No need to throw away a good pair of headphones. Fix 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back