My Final verdict on Sennheiser hd 598,sony mdr xb500,koss portapro,Klipsch image s4i,Soundmagic E10,Sennheiser PX 100-IIi,Creative Aurvana Live and Sennheiser HD 239
Dec 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sulachhan

New Head-Fier
Sorry guys if i am in a wrong forum and forgive me for my bad english and for long post too.These are the headphones i currently own:
1.Sennheiser hd 598
2.sony mdr xb500
3.koss portapro(i own 4 koss portapros)
4.Klipsch image s4i
5.Soundmagic E10
6.Sennheiser PX 100-IIi
7.Creative Aurvana Live 
8.Sennheiser HD 239
(I also own Fiio E5 headphone amplifier)

The first headphone i own was some chinese headphone and then logitech which i dont want to mention and then once i got chance to listen to my friend koss portapro when i was in Sweden and i was blown away with the sound and finally decided to buy it.From then my haunt for good sound quality headphones began and i have been going through this forum to find out the better sets of cans and i invested on these mentioned headphones.After spending enough time with all these headphones no matter how good reviews these headphones got in this forum and elsewhere i finally have a conclusion that none of these cans can beat koss porta pro,I am not an audiophile , i am just a normal listener(though i can differentiate between the sound quality between cheap iphone buds and better buds like klipsch image s4i)and i am giving my conclusion based on what my ear likes.It might be kinda weird for those who can differentiate the every frequency response from their ear but for the normal listener like me i think there is nothing wrong with koss porta pro in terms of sound quality from tight and punchy bass to satisfying mids and highs the other headphone that is close to koss portapro according to my experience is sennheiser PX 100-IIi.May be i have not tried the headphones which sound quality is far better than koss portarpo or maybe i have had my hearing loss.So any recommendations of headphoes whose sound qualtiy(clearly and hugely noticable in terms of every aspect) is better than koss porta pro is highly appreciated.And sorry if this post is weird because this is completely based on my taste of ear.

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 3
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your 598s should crush those things in just about every way.

Side note: before I get started, I just want to let you know that you need an amp to driver your kross headphones. On top of that, if you are just using your ipod as your main audio source, your issue is probably that your ipod has a good preset equalizer setting for your kross headphones.

Moving on. Considering you think your 40 dollar headphones are better than your 598s, then maybe you just have special tastes. There is nothing wrong with that/ In fact you are kind of lucky that you can satisfy your tastes for so cheap. However, there is no real way I can tell you what to get. Because you seem to have particular tastes, the only way you can find something you think is better is to explore on your own.

If I were in your shoes, I would look at the "local meets" topic on the forums and see if other peoples aren't meeting up close to where you live. People often times bring some very nice things to those meets and it would be the perfect time to get a hands on experience to find what best suits you. :)

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply actually i was also expecting so much from senn hd598 and was desperately waiting to get delivered for 2 weeks but once i got it i was so much disappointed it was so dull and like everybody is saying the burn in will help so i did like almost 40 hrs burn in by playing several genre of music most of them are flac similarly i used amp also but the result was same maybe this is also due to my tasteOnly thing i like abt it is the sound stage which was quite good for movies.Mainly i use ipod classic 160 gb,and my dell inspiron laptop for listening music as well as i use fiio E5 amp.And yes i am definately gonna look at local meets
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back