My experience with Shure's SRH750DJ - now official impressions thread
Jan 31, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #61 of 108
I'm considering the 750s or the 840s right now as my first good set of headphones. Anyways, you've mentioned creakiness and some other issues with the build on the 750s. Are the 840s better built? I'm looking to get some over the ear headphones for mixing, but also a way to switch it up now and then with my TriFis.

Also, I just read the review by Rocksteady which was very well done I thought. But it made be a a bit concerned about the ear pads. Has anyone else had problems with the durability?

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #63 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ear Damage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5 pages and not a single pic of their cans? It sucks that I read this a tad too late as I already ordered them from HeadRoom. I needed an actual DJ quality can with the clamping force to provide excellent isolation but it seems it doesn't.

See following post for link to pics: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6407832-post24.html

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #64 of 108
I didn't mention this earlier in my previous post, but I have all my pictures over there. At the end of my review I also link to several other sites' reviews I've found around the internet and they have plenty of pictures. Almost everything I have to say about these headphones are in my review of the 750djs.

Also, this store looks like they shoot their own product pics of headphones; here is their page for the 750djs.
Chemical Ltd | Buy Shure - Shure SRH-750 - SRH 750-DJ :: Professional DJ Headphones - Headphones at Chemical Ltd
If your like most people who have owned the 750djs, chances are you will have the sliders extended. That store I just posted shot all of their photos with the sliders adjusted for the smallest fit.

I wouldn't trust the official product pics that most places are using at the moment. They use professional photography and lighting to make the product look better then they are and don't actually represent the final retail product. I actually mention this in my review as well.

And as a side note, in case anyone was interested shure has a straight replacement cable available for the 440, 840 and 750dj. The model number is HPASCA1. I don't have any confirmation as to their length though. I'm guessing you can order them from shure dealers or even directly from shure. I'd call around for the best price and more info.

And if you need absolutely need a pic of these headphones in the thread here's a few I shot:

rocksteady-albums-srh750dj-picture4485-img-4084.jpg

rocksteady-albums-srh750dj-picture4491-img-4091.jpg

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #65 of 108
Quote:

5 pages and not a single pic of their cans? It sucks that I read this a tad too late as I already ordered them from HeadRoom. I needed an actual DJ quality can with the clamping force to provide excellent isolation but it seems it doesn't.

My review thread on this set had these pics, Enjoy.

P1270080.jpg

P1270076.jpg

P1270079.jpg

Feb 21, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #68 of 108
Just got a 750dj yesterday...just wondering, is anyone using an amp with it?

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #69 of 108
Oh, does anyone have an alternative to the coiled cable that I can easily find? The ones Shure have isn't in Singapore yet..and the coiled cable is a tad too heavy for my liking...

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #70 of 108
Wasn't Shure supposed to come out with a shorter straight cable?

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #75 of 108
Quote:

Nope, they weren't defective. They just don't extend long enough over my hat when I DJ. The cups were sitting closer toward the top of my ears, and I surely didn't want to keep them longer in fear of marring them in some manner where they could no longer be accepted back for a full refund.

I agree, I returned mine after two weeks for the same reason even though they sound amazing. I don't know why it would be designed so that an average size head would need to extend them to their max with a flat headband and creaky parts. They sound great though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back