My experience with Shure's SRH750DJ - now official impressions thread
Feb 25, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #76 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ear Damage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, they weren't defective. They just don't extend long enough over my hat when I DJ. The cups were sitting closer toward the top of my ears, and I surely didn't want to keep them longer in fear of marring them in some manner where they could no longer be accepted back for a full refund.

Totally understand and agree. I never have to adjust 'phones beyond the halfway point but with the DJs, I am nearly at max. Don't understand what Shure was thinking.

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #77 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando3000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, I returned mine after two weeks for the same reason even though they sound amazing. I don't know why it would be designed so that an average size head would need to extend them to their max with a flat headband and creaky parts. They sound great though...

Yeah, as I had posted way back - the chassis of the DJs are their Achilles heel. I've done a number of mods with mine including addressing the squeakiness. They are just too good sounding for me to give up on.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #78 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, as I had posted way back - the chassis of the DJs are their Achilles heel. I've done a number of mods with mine including addressing the squeakiness. They are just too good sounding for me to give up on.

Warrior05, have you documented your SRH-750DJ mods anywhere on the forums? I'd love to see what you did to improve the SRH-750DJs.

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #79 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Warrior05, have you documented your SRH-750DJ mods anywhere on the forums? I'd love to see what you did to improve the SRH-750DJs.

I have not. Basically I filled the yokes with silicon and greased the swivel points. Made a big difference.

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #81 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not. Basically I filled the yokes with silicon and greased the swivel points. Made a big difference.

yokes?

As for the straight cable, I can't find a 2.5mm tip that fits into the headphones....there's this triangle shaped piece that blocks the port...any advice?

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #82 of 108
Thanks warrior05 and rocksteady for the insightful reviews! srh750 is looking like a very attractive upgrade from my ath es7 and denon d1001. I liked the es7s look and portability, but the colored mids really grinded my gears whenever I switched to the clarity of the d1001 for home listening.

warrior05, you mentioned that the mids are on warm side of neutral. I hope they're in no way colored like the es7s?

was very interested in the q40 as well. Would you say vocals are sweeter on the srh750 or q40? I always felt vocals took a back seat on my d1001s.

Apr 2, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #83 of 108
I've ordered the SRH750DJ myself, for $75.00 w/free S&H from Amazon, and now I have a question. I have a set of bayerDynamic DT770 replacement earpads laying around, and I wondered if they would fit the SRH750DJ?

The DT770's look bigger, so I'm doubtful, but i'm hoping someone can answer this for me.

Thanks in advance,

tds01

Apr 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #84 of 108
Nope - won't fit. Wish they would though I do find the OEM pads pretty comfy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've ordered the SRH750DJ myself, for $75.00 w/free S&H from Amazon, and now I have a question. I have a set of bayerDynamic DT770 replacement earpads laying around, and I wondered if they would fit the SRH750DJ?

The DT770's look bigger, so I'm doubtful, but i'm hoping someone can answer this for me.

Thanks in advance,

tds01

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #85 of 108
Has anyone done any mods to the ear pads? I feel like modding them as they're a little too uncomfortable for me but i don't really know where/how to start.
confused_face.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #86 of 108
The earpads for the DT250's, the same as the mod for the ATH-M50's, fit. They're slightly off-shaped, but they fit. I just stayed w/the stock pads though, and they sond more bassy, and detailed than my ATH-M50's - an actual upgrade after all.
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #87 of 108
The SQ of the SRH750DJ is quite good, better than my M50's. I love the clarity, and the bass is present, but not bloated - like it sounds compared to the M50's.

My new favorite HP's, thanks to you guys!!!
beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #88 of 108
Quote:

The earpads for the DT250's, the same as the mod for the ATH-M50's, fit. They're slightly off-shaped, but they fit. I just stayed w/the stock pads though, and they sond more bassy, and detailed than my ATH-M50's - an actual upgrade after all.
L3000.gif

you mean the dt250 pads fit the 750djs?

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #89 of 108
Quote:

The SQ of the SRH750DJ is quite good, better than my M50's. I love the clarity, and the bass is present, but not bloated - like it sounds compared to the M50's.

My new favorite HP's, thanks to you guys!!!
beerchug.gif

2xed

They are nicer than the m50s but not by too much, and for sure have THE BEST bass out of the entire Shure lineup, including the M50. hell, I can do as far as saying they are in a special league of headphones that play ever genre very well. Shure did a great job

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #90 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by leader288 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you mean the dt250 pads fit the 750djs?

They fit, but the sizing isn't even - so skip it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back