My experience with Shure's SRH750DJ - now official impressions thread
Apr 21, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #91 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They fit, but the sizing isn't even - so skip it.

Right. thanks for checking them out.

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #92 of 108
I don't know about you guys, but after using my Shure 750DJ for 2 months, I noticed a decrease in the bass from the drivers compared to a brand new set...does anyone have the same experience? I've just replaced it with a new set from my local distro.

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #93 of 108
New owner of the 750. A couple of hours old. Significantly more enjoyable to listen to than its brother the 840. Bass has impact and a nice rumble to it. Doesn't overwhelm the mids and highs. Spirit remixed by Chicane featuring Jewel on vocals sounds amazing. The bass hits and rumbles but Jewel's voice comes thru clear and melodic. Fantastic. Same thing with Seven Days In Sunny June. I like the rumble that is present in the bass and yet JayK's vocals comes in nice and clear. The vocals are very centered though. Right smack in the middle of the head. It's got more mids than the Q40. The Q40 is sounding veiled in the mids compared to it. Compared directly with 840 the 750 is feet tapping, head bobbing better. The 840 sounds too bright with seriously dampened bass (btw unamped, straight outta audio jack of iPod Touch). This may kick my 280pro out of office duty... Will have to see how well it blocks the noise from a room full of PCs.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #94 of 108
unfortunately they don't isolate great.

totally agree with your impressions, btw!
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #95 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by D4R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Compared directly with 840 the 750 is feet tapping, head bobbing better. The 840 sounds too bright with seriously dampened bass (btw unamped, straight outta audio jack of iPod Touch)

And right there is the problem the 840 needs a amp to me they just do.
With my tests they have a major improvement with a amp.
Without the amp I feel they are congested slightly confused bass pouring into places it shouldn't.
The amp fixes all these problems and they are just slick and smooth then.

I've also recently tried them from my main source for the 840 which is a DVD player for the moment.
Compared to a Sony Walkman NWZ mp3 player.
With the amp being used with both the DVD player offers superior sound.
Yet again more controlled sound,better resolution just simply better.

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #96 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately they don't isolate great.

Awwwww. Dang. I'll try them at the office anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
totally agree with your impressions, btw!
biggrin.gif

Way cool! Nice to know someone else has similar impressions. Last night I had Heart of Courage by Jack Wall on and wow. Just wow. The orchestral track was just so moving. Euphoric. It was way more moving than even with the IE8. Shure has the entire frequency range just smack right on the money. I don't want it to change one bit! Whatever kudos the 840 has been getting should be thrown the 750's way. Right out of the box it sounds fantastic even unamped.

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #97 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by mibutenma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And right there is the problem the 840 needs a amp to me they just do.

Shure they do. I mean; sure they do. They definitely do need some sort of amping. There's no question about it. Out of a mixer or a portable amp the 840 improves. So do other phones in my collection. The 271s comes to mind. But try as hard as I do to like the 840, I keep tearing them off my head and swapping them with my other cans from AKG/Senn. There's this peak somewhere in the treble that is just driving me nuts. Same thing with the 1001K. I love it. Especially it's low bass rumble. But there is this elevated portion in the highs that forces me to get them off my head after a short while. I'm not having this problem with the Senns or the AKGs and now specifically this 750. It's just right. I don't know how it's going to sound 400 hours from now, but for right now, a day old and counting. It's just perfect.

May 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #98 of 108
May I ask if 750dj's box are not sealed when in store?

I'm about to buy a pair, but when I saw it wasn't sealed, I think twice, it was the only pair the store has, and they didn't have a demo unit.. I just don't like to get a demo unit.

May 26, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #99 of 108
I would hope and think a demo unit is just something the store would keep for themselves and to not sell or even try to sell. What store is it?

And yes they don't come sealed.
It does have a piece of tape on the open part keeping it shut though.

All the headphones I ever bought didn't come sealed.Its just in a box.

I think only ones that are really sealed are consumer headphones in big stores so they don't get stolen.

Like Shure SRH 240 comes in plastic sealed wrapping.

May 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #100 of 108
Dunno if this' been posted already, but graphs are up:

srh440 + (kick) bass = srh840
srh840 + (sub) bass = srh750dj 
L3000.gif

May 30, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #102 of 108
So, I just got my Shure SRH750DJ. I really enjoy it with my Cowon S9 when I was testing it at the store. Problem is, when I got home, I learned that my PC sounds REALLY BAD. I really didn't enjoy my new HP. I think I need a new DAC/amp. Volume is very low out of PC compared to my S9. Sound quality is also very bad. I want something that will give me better sound output, especially on BASS, clarity, and details. My budget is enough for a Fiio E7. However, is this the best I can get at this price range?? I shall only be using this dac/amp at home, however, it must be small enough not to occupy too much space on my computer table. Please help. Thanks!

May 30, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #103 of 108
infidel, are you sure you plugged your headphone into the headphone-out of your soundcard and not (accidentally) into line-out?

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #105 of 108
I dunno, I bought the M50 which arrived yesterday, and compared it against my roommate's 3-month-old SRH750DJ. I was pretty disappointed with the Shure, thought it would be more competitive than it actually was. I posted the comparative impression in the M50 appreciation thread.

The comparison between the sounds was only rudimentary as my roommate was bugging me to return the Shures back to him, but here's some exerts from my impressions about the build quality and the comfort:

**Warning: I sounded mean towards the Shures in this comparison, because hey, I had to use particular wording in order to fit in with the M50 crowd over at the other thread :p **

***The interesting part though, was that seeing past the wording, these comparative impressions were heart-felt***

"Build quality? The SRH750 was a plasticky piece of junk compared to the M50, the 750 creaked at every touch, sound hollow when you tap on it, and was loose all over. The M50, on the other hand, was solid high-grade plastic reinforced with metal, with smooth precision-crafted joints with absolutely no creaking at all.

Comfort? The SRH750 has a very unforgivingly small range of head-size adjustment in its head band, an absurd amount of clamping force, overly hard pleather cushions (not caused by roommate's usage, I recall the pleather being this hard since he bought it last year), and horrendous point-pressure at the tip of the skull due to the spongebob shape of the head band. Pretty much the opposite for the M50."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back