My DT770/600 MANKUFAKTUR Design. What do you think?
Sep 7, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #31 of 37

Skylab, your beautiful, sexual cans have stolen my thread. :frowning2:

LOL! Honestly, I would copy Skylab's part for part. How much more expensive are they than your color options? If at all.

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #32 of 37

Quote:
So sorry! That was not my intent - I was trying to encourage you to go for your design!

Hehe, I know bud, just joking around. :)

I think it's a great testament to how well the "MANUFAKTUR" cans can come out when done right.

The style I've gone with is probably a fair whack too.. exotic(?) for people.
I can see many more people appreciating the aesthetics of your cans than mine.

Quote:
CoryGillmore said:

LOL! Honestly, I would copy Skylab's part for part. How much more expensive are they than your color options? If at all.

They're no more expensive at all.
But I'm not going to pay 317 Euros to copy a design so distant from the one I want.

I realise my cans aren't getting a great response, but to me, they're just about perfect. I was just kidding around.

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #33 of 37
That's the key with the Manufacture - design your own perfect look! There are enough options you should be able to find something that for you is just exactly perfect :)

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #35 of 37
Re: Putting your name on the custom MANUFAKTUR (2-line text option):

Quote:
While it would undoubtedly be cool, it would severely hamper resell options I would think.

Well you should never even think about selling these.  Anyway, the part can be ordered stock and changed out.

Always use the MANUFAKTUR German site -- more options than the U.S. site.  You can force your way there no matter what locale you are assigned to originally.  In a post last year I detailed in a table the differences between the options you can order.

It would kill me if the all-wood look became known as the Skylab design.  I wasn't gonna say anything, but I believe the beyer order record would show that I did this first; lots of people saw mine at CanJam LA (I can only guess on Skylab's order date from when pix were first posted, so I will say in advance I could be wrong!).   Anyway it's a pretty obvious choice once you are on the German site.  I could live with SWFW (Skylab-Wavoman Faux Wood) design.

Sep 19, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #36 of 37
I didn't see any difference in options between the German site, and the Oceanic site.

Yeah, I don't know why you'd go to the effort to custom design a set of these and then sell them.

All I can say is, I'm looking forward to my Candy Beyers!
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #37 of 37
Got my DT770/600 Manufaktur with leather pads a while ago. Compared to the stock version with velour pads, the bass is stronger but it seems transparency suffers a tiny bit. The Manufaktur still sound (and LOOK) good though so no complaints
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back