My DT770/600 MANKUFAKTUR Design. What do you think?
Sep 5, 2010 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Prpnnightmare

Head-Fier
Ordering the DT770/600 as an immersive gaming, DnB / Dubstep, and movie headphone, and I thought as it's my first real set of audiophile cans, I'd treat myself to something special, and order a custom "MANUFAKTUR" set off the Beyerdynamic site.

What do you guys think? :)

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 37
To be perfectly frank, while those are definitely swanky looking, consider that you're effectively paying twice what you would otherwise (when you consider that you have to pay full MSRP buying from Beyer directly before you even pay the MANUFAKTUR markup, and ask yourself whether or not that money wouldn't be better spent on a better set of phones.  My guess is that's going to run you about 330 right?  There are MANY a better phone out there to be had for that kind of money.  Just my two cents...

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 37
They'll cost me about $450AU, which is actually less than I'd pay for standard DT770/250 from a local e-tailer..

Here is an example

Quote:
To be perfectly frank, while those are definitely swanky looking, consider that you're effectively paying twice what you would otherwise (when you consider that you have to pay full MSRP buying from Beyer directly before you even pay the MANUFAKTUR markup, and ask yourself whether or not that money wouldn't be better spent on a better set of phones.  My guess is that's going to run you about 330 right?  There are MANY a better phone out there to be had for that kind of money.  Just my two cents...

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 37

Quote:

X2. While they are very unique, that amount of money could probably be better spent.

Sep 5, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 37
Those can be had on the FS forum right now for $170. Not sure what the conversion rate is but I'm sure it's much cheaper than that. There's one on there right now actually. Check it out.

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 37

I can't find any DT770/600 on their, plenty of 250ohm, but I'm specifically wanting the 600ohm version.
Quote:
Those can be had on the FS forum right now for $170. Not sure what the conversion rate is but I'm sure it's much cheaper than that. There's one on there right now actually. Check it out.

Thanks mate :) I'll order these next week, unless I can find some D5000 for a good price.

Quote:
I think they look sweet. I hope you enjoy them!

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #9 of 37
Oh that's right, the ones I saw were 770/250.

Sep 6, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #11 of 37
I think they look really nice.  Manufacture Beyers are super-fun.  Here are my 770/600's from the Manufacture, I have never regretted spending the extra jack to make them look nice:

Sep 6, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #12 of 37

Wow, they look GREAT man! Thanks for the comment! :)
The finish quality on them is AMAZING!

I don't think I'll regret spending the extra $$ either, makes them really personal. :)
Quote:
I think they look really nice.  Manufacture Beyers are super-fun.  Here are my 770/600's from the Manufacture, I have never regretted spending the extra jack to make them look nice:

*snip*

Sep 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #13 of 37
Skylab, yours are truly sexy!! I am really tempted to get a pair too
biggrin.gif

Does the use of leather pads bump up the bass compared to the stock?

Sep 6, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #14 of 37
Thanks! And yes, the leather pads do increase the bass some, which I think works well with the 770/600.

Sep 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #15 of 37
Skylab those are truly amazing! Can I buy leather pads for my DT880 directly from BeyerUSA?

Answered my own question. $40 from the BeyerUSA site. Might just have to do that soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back