My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Feb 5, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #76 of 773
This is unbelievable.

See ya
Steve

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:54 AM Post #78 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That question does not matter, because free or not, your product should be up to the same standard of the ones you sell for full asking price.

But guess what, it wasn't..?

Boohoo go make ur own.

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #79 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this cable UL rated?

That was my question to, I just bit my tongue, as I really don't feel like being flamed, but as the old saying goes Curiosity killed the cat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the big deal here? again what do you expect for $150 dollars? Or in most all your cases, FREE.

First and foremost, a safely constructed cord, and UL listing.

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #80 of 773
Wow! I am shocked by how a well respected Member of the Trade is acting in this thread. Is this Head-fi or kindergarten?

In addition, are you saying that the free cables were inferior to the cable with the same name that you sell for money?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But guess what, it wasn't..?

Boohoo go make ur own.

Happy Listening!

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #82 of 773
Well....

... I hope this thread doesn't hurt the resale value of my free Testament 2.0 if I happen to go down that route.

But I don't know I will though. Even if it's made of a garden hose, it manages to sound better somehow and isn't that all that matters?

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #84 of 773
Jgonino wrote: That question does not matter, because free or not, your product should be up to the same standard of the ones you sell for full asking price.

Acoustic Chef answered: But guess what, it wasn't.

I think a moderator needs to get involved here. If this guy was giving away inferior cables as a giveaway like he says, they might be fire hazards. Does anyone have a list of who got the giveaway cables? They should be contacted so they can unplug the damn things until it gets sorted out.

Edit: I just dropped a line to the mods.

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #86 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I am aware my Ironlong cable is ( Quail is the actual manufacture)

I've got a Quail power cord from the group buy a while back and I have an Iron Lung as well, both UL and CSA approved.

I was actually more interested in the custom built ones, something like ALO Audio, Moon Audio, the custom ones. I would certainly guess that the wire itself is spec'd above what it needs to do, but once you custom build it, it's another story. In this case, I don't think that any actually custom built ones actually get certified.

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #87 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a Quail power cord from the group buy a while back and I have an Iron Lung as well, both UL and CSA approved.

I was actually more interested in the custom built ones, something like ALO Audio, Moon Audio, the custom ones. I would certainly guess that the wire itself is spec'd above what it needs to do, but once you custom build it, it's another story. In this case, I don't think that any actually custom built ones actually get certified.

Yea thats the one thing thats kept me really from upgrading to a fancy boutique cable. Interconnects are one thing, but when it comes to Mains, I like to play it safe call me crazy
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #88 of 773
I just did a quick check on the giveaway thread. It says there were five cables given away. Were they all power cables? I am seriously concerned about the safety issue. Who were the five winners?

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #89 of 773
Would there still be safety concerns for the digital cables though since they don't really connect directly to electricity or anything? Or maybe they do... Hmmm I'll unplug mine before I go to bed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back