My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Feb 5, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #61 of 773
Also you guys should seriously watch their youtubes

they reveal a lot about cable construction

gardenhosepvccopergv5.jpg

fillingcablesbe7.jpg

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #62 of 773
Only if I could post picks of the cables we dissected from trade..
biggrin.gif

So who wants to buy my gold chain cable for $500 bucks? It has $400 worth of gold in it, and platinum braided shielding.
Who cares what it sounds like, it has expensive parts.

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #63 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really what did you expect? Haven't been dissecting any ~$150 power cords lately have you..? The power 3 give away was a gift, a story about how dynamic filtering can effect the sound. BTW the fill is just sand blasting pelts.
biggrin.gif

What the heck are you saying? "Dynamic filtering" is just a story that you made up? Since the cord was a gift that retails for $150 one shouldn't expect any more than house wiring and a garden hose full of sand blasting pellets? Are you for real?

See ya
Steve

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #64 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you miss seeing the photos at the beginning of this thread?

See ya
Steve

Animals chew on cables. Anyone who has a high-end audio system and lets their animals in the same room obviously doesn't care if they have to spend more money buying new equipment, which inevitably will happen.

I've never seen a cable company's manual say "We don't mind if your pets try to chew through our cables. Feel free to let your pets use them as a chew toy, as they are impervious to sharp teeth."
rolleyes.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #65 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Animals chew on cables.

You totally dodged the point. The cable was made of garden hose, house wire, and sandblasting pellets and was jerry rigged together with a glue gun. It isn't made any better than a stock cable. In fact, it's made considerably worse. Is this cable UL rated?

Quote:

If you only knew the conversation I had with our VD rep today...

Are you a stereo salesman too?!

See ya
Steve

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #66 of 773
Quote:

Animals chew on cables. Anyone who has a high-end audio system and lets their animals in the same room obviously doesn't care if they have to spend more money buying new equipment, which inevitably will happen.

I've never seen a cable company's manual say "We don't mind if your pets try to chew through our cables. Feel free to let your pets use them as a chew toy, as they are impervious to sharp teeth."
rolleyes.gif

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but bigshot meant to look at the construction and materials used to make the cable.

EDIT: Oh, beaten to it...alas, this thread does remind of the time the big DBT testing results between a Radio Shack cable, silver, and copper cable came about, and how many thought the RS one was the best, and many switched silver and copper around (pertaining to the said "sound signatures" of said cable types).

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #67 of 773
Quote:

Only if I could post picks of the cables we dissected from trade.

We aren't talking about other brands of cables. We are talking about this particular cable. Would you care to comment on the discrepancy between the way this cable is represented and what we see in the pictures?

See ya
Steve

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #68 of 773
Quote:

You totally dodged the point. The cable was made of garden hose, house wire, sandblasting pellets and a glue gun. It isn't made any better than a stock cable. In fact, it's made considerably worse. Is this cable UL rated?

Yes, I hear what you're saying. But I don't care if it's made out of tinfoil wrapped in foreskin. If the sonic result is pleasing and the cable is made safely and UL listed, who cares? I agree with you, all cables need to be UL listed. Safety is of paramount importance. But when a pet is gnawing away at a cable for long enough, he is bound to get shocked or at the very least, ruin your cable.

Quote:

Are you a stereo salesman too?!

See ya
Steve

rolleyes.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #69 of 773
Quote:

What the heck are you saying? "Dynamic filtering" is just a story that you made up? Since the cord was a gift that retails for $150 one shouldn't expect any more than house wiring and a garden hose full of sand blasting pellets? Are you for real?

See ya
Steve

The Basic and Power 3 tell the story of how you can take the simplest wire and by simply applying even sandblasting metal to the surrounding wire you can turn the once $50 cable into a $5000+ cable.

If you want to build your own and hear the difference go right ahead. I really don't care, would save us a lot of trouble considering we don’t make a cent off them anyway. After you hear the difference you can crawl back to us begging for the real deal.
Go ahead, dissect a David, I dare you.

What's the big deal here? again what do you expect for $150 dollars? Or in most all your cases, FREE.

BTW this is nothing new… Jude did this exact same thing years ago, and it's still around, people are still buying them, you know why?.. Because they sound dam good, and get substantially better as you move up our line.

If any of you knew a thing or two you would know all cable companies are full of ****, and that Virtual Dynamics are as honest as they come, why? Because we are not a cable company, we are a technology company whos goal is to teach and educate.

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #70 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My background (Electrical Engineering) is in this field; RLC @ DC does not define cable performance. My background does not give me the tools to understand why power cables work; need physics background.

RLC doesn't affect DC... but power cables handle AC
cool.gif
My point was that what minimal effect the cable properties have on the 120VAC signal will be pretty much gone by the time you've been through AC-DC conversion and passed through the active components. And the effect will be much less than normal psychological and physiological variability.

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #71 of 773
Beware of shills.

See ya
Steve

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #72 of 773
Quote:

The Basic and Power 3 tell the story of how you can take the simplest wire and by simply applying sandblasting metal to the surrounding wire you can turn the once $50 cable into a $5000+ cable.

Turning lead into gold so to speak.

Quote:

I really don't care, we don’t make a cent off them anyway.

I'm sure you are crying all the way to the bank.

Quote:

What's the big deal here? again what do you expect for $150 dollars? Or in most all your cases, FREE.

Brilliant marketing strategy. Give away five or ten pigeon shot garden hoses to gullible folks in a chat room. If their delusions posted in the forum lead to a couple of sales at full retail, you've made a tidy profit on almost zero investment.

Quote:

If any of you knew a thing or two you would know all cable companies are full of ****, and that Virtual Dynamics is as honest as they come, why? Because we are not a cable company, we are a technology company whos goal is to teach and educate.

Oh yeah! We're all learning a lesson right now. (For an educator, you should be able to spell "whose" correctly.)

Akathisia, you should send your story, the photos and the link to this thread to Gizmodo and Engadget.

See ya
Steve

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #73 of 773
Quote:

What's the big deal here? again what do you expect for $150 dollars?.

For $150 dollars, I expect top notch build quality, with at least above average components. You have provided below average components, and poor build quality.

I would be happy to review one of your power cords, in order to see what kind of sound quality you get for $150.

To IpodPJ: I understand you like how this cable sounds, but even if it does, you really think it is ok for it to be made of crap?

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #74 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For $150 dollars, I expect top notch build quality, with at least above average components. You have provided below average components, and poor build quality.

I would be happy to review one of your power cords, in order to see what kind of sound quality you get for $150.

To IpodPJ: I understand you like how this cable sounds, but even if it does, you really think it is ok for it to be made of crap?

Ok so what would you expect for free then?

That's exactly what this guy said, and look what become of that.

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #75 of 773
That question does not matter, because free or not, your product should be up to the same standard of the ones you sell for full asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back