My cat ate my SR325's!
Sep 22, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #46 of 78
OMG!!

I might be paraphrasing TooNice by come on. 3 pages of posts because the cat chewed the headphone cable and it was implied that the cat should be mirowaved. What's the big deal? Why the need for all the posts because it might be mildly offensive.

It's the risk you take when you have an animal. They wreck things and you want to wring their necks.

Why anyone would have a cat is beyond me though. I'm a dog person. All cats do is tolerate you, and I alway get the feeling that all they are doing is humouring me and waiting to do something evil. Dogs on the otherhand, being a pack animal, show genuine affection and become part of the family group. Yes they can wreck things, but if you train them, this will happen less, and if you scold them they show contrition.

Anyway I've added my two cents to a thread that has gone way off track.

Sorry about the phones Randy. Hope you get them fixed to your satisfaction.

Back when I was a kid my dog chewed though the corded VCR remote and it drove my mom nuts. After it was replaced he did it again.

Peace

Sep 22, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #47 of 78
Cat chewed your cable... once... *ppffft*

Get a parrot and you'll know pain, fear and loathing when you realise you left your phones laying about after a session. *ggggrrrrr* Senn cabling seems particular chewy for the little winged rats!

Sep 22, 2005 at 7:38 PM Post #50 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyC
They wreck things and you want to wring their necks.

Yup. If that would have happened to me, my thread title would have been:

I have eaten my cat.

With the cat chewed the cable story as explanation.
tongue.gif

Cheers

Sep 22, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #51 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by JefferyK
I don't get it. Is it the rubber coating? My cat will swallow rubber bands whole if I leave them lying around. She also loves Red Vines candy.

Jeffery

I think they have a rubber fetish. Our cat does the same thing, although my headphones have yet to be touched.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
In YOUR opinion
tongue.gif

I'd say lighten up, but past experience has shown that it is not possible for some.

And, yes I did type those two words. You are the one to make the connection you did. I could very much have meant this . Of course, there would be no humor in that, but whatever
rolleyes.gif

You sound like the type of sick individual who tortured animals when you were young (or maybe you are still young?). This must be the case as you see nothing wrong or offensive in what you posted.

Sep 22, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #52 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
I didn't know members are required to be amusing, funny, or appealing in order to post.

Or have a sense of humor, ehh?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle
You sound like the type of sick individual who tortured animals when you were young (or maybe you are still young?). This must be the case as you see nothing wrong or offensive in what you posted.

That's a heck of a jump from telling a rather harmless joke that would get by any TV or movie censor in the country without raising an eyebrow to accusations of torture. Personally I think the folks in this thread espousing censorship are more offensive...

Sep 22, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #54 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247
Another reason why to keep pets outside...Unless you can find some natural solution you can put near your equipment so your cat can stay away from it. Some guy has a book for pet owners who need to mark their territory, but I forgot his name.

Yes, a pet you leave outside all the time, that would be a stray.
rolleyes.gif

Or perhaps livestock.

-Ed

Sep 22, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #55 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
biggrin.gif

That's a heck of a jump from telling a rather harmless joke that would get by any TV or movie censor in the country without raising an eyebrow to accusations of torture. Personally I think the folks in this thread espousing censorship are more offensive...

Sense of humor?!

We'll have none of that!

That's a bannable offense!

evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Sep 22, 2005 at 11:03 PM Post #56 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt
Yup. If that would have happened to me, my thread title would have been:

I have eaten my cat.

There you go, an eye for an eye, cat chews on your stuff, you chew on the cat.

Sep 22, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #58 of 78
Quote:

Me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b
The obvious solution to prevent such a tragedy would be to use cat-poison insulated wires. Duh.

Nah, that would be brutal.
But how about a electrical insulated wire?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
There you go, an eye for an eye, cat chews on your stuff, you chew on the cat.

BTW, did you know that cats taste quite similar to rabbits?

On a more serious note, quite a few people I know had success with spraying the cats with water when they did something “forbidden”. Usually they bought a water pistol or took a plant sprayer and “shot” them right when they did the “forbidden” thing. Quite successful.

Sep 23, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #59 of 78
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I found his attitude towards people who took exception to his comment rather warped, as if he couldn't see how it could possibly be offensive. I've seen this sort of behaviour prevalent in people whose perception of right and wrong is a grey area. Maybe I can start a 'screaming kids in the shopping mall...microwave' thread. I do have a sense of humor and I assume everyone else here does?

Sep 23, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #60 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle
I found his attitude towards people who took exception to his comment rather warped, as if he couldn't see how it could possibly be offensive.

I'm sorry to hear that, it didn't strike me that way but as with most things opinions will differ and if it struck me that way I would probably react the same. I make the same sort of jokes but cats take about 15 minutes to figure out that I'm an easy mark and spoil them to death!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back