My cat ate my SR325's!
Sep 21, 2005 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

Randy_M

New Head-Fier
So, I go to put on my aluminum Grado's and one channel keeps cutting out. I look down and am horrified to see one of the 'y' wires hanging by a couple of strands of copper. ARRRGGGHHH! (picture of cat sitting there with a smug look on her face and a shred of insulation hanging from her lip).

Took me a whole day to find a dealer in this stupid area that would even touch headphones. Finally tracked him down and also brought my SR80's that has a short in the 1/8" plug.

Well the 325's have to go back to Brooklyn for a new wire job, and the guy attached a new plug on my 80's so I wouldn't have to use my kid's $13 street phones in the meantime.

One good thing is, I used the opportunity to get a really good deal on a pair of Sennheiser HD595's from Amazon for $169 (temporarily opened an Amazon visa card for a $30 discount). Methinks I'm going to use the Senn's for classical and jazz.

Please don't tell my wife about the new phones....I've got to get home early on Friday to get 'em before she sees.

Cheers and sorry about my wallet (wonder if I can sell the cat?)

Sep 21, 2005 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by elephantman
maybe it's not the cat's fault.

The cord chewed itself?

Stupid cats. At least a dog would only have peed on it.

Sep 21, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 78
no offence to any cat lovers, buts the reason i hate cats. even if you hide something, they'll get it.

Sep 21, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 78
I haven't even got a cat, but one still chewed the controller lead for my PS2.
frown.gif

Sep 21, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 78
I'm fortunate that my cat couldn't care less about my stereo equipment. knock on wood.

Sep 21, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #12 of 78
What is it about cats and cords?

I've had to cat-proof every electrical cord in my apartment. And when I listen to headphones, she still goes for the cable despite being yelled at about it a zillion times over the past 10 years.

I don't get it. Is it the rubber coating? My cat will swallow rubber bands whole if I leave them lying around. She also loves Red Vines candy.

Jeffery

Sep 21, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #13 of 78
Another reason why to keep pets outside...Unless you can find some natural solution you can put near your equipment so your cat can stay away from it. Some guy has a book for pet owners who need to mark their territory, but I forgot his name.

Sep 21, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #15 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
Cat.. Microwave... .... ... I didn't type that!

Yes you did, and for the record it's not the slightest bit amusing, funny, appealing or anything else in that category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back