My C&C XO stop working! where to get it fix?
Feb 5, 2010 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

McMerc

New Head-Fier
My C&C XO just stop working a few weeks ago. the red bulb on the right is always on. The red light should turn on when the the input volume is way too high. I try everything but it always turn on with the red bulb on, which it will not produce any sound. I really miss the amp as my denon D2000 is not sounding as great without the amp.

As many of you guys know that the C&C web is gone, so I am not sure where to get it fix. Is there anyone here able to fix it? or any shop that is able to fix it? I live around Los Angeles metro area.

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 10
Congratulations! My guess is you had the last working XO in the world.

When mine did the exact same thing I found that 1 of the 2 batteries wouldn't take a charge. I scoured the Internet but couldn't find a replacement so I sold it really cheap to another head-Fier as a desk top amp. It still worked with the ac adapter.

I replace mine with a Headamp AE-2.

Feb 5, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations! My guess is you had the last working XO in the world.

Not quite, mine still works. At least it did a few days ago!
darthsmile.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #4 of 10
I didn't know that it is such an unreliable product. I assume that many of u guys here own it and most of them have dead c&c xo. I really like how it power my denon d2000. what would be other recommendation that will have the same quality?

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 10
Actually C&C is still alive and well in China, but their western distributor has dropped out of business. Actually C&C just release a new portable tube amp called 'C&C TU'. I believe this is their Taobao (Chinese eBay equivalent) store: shop33433030.taobao.com.

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 10
I am not sure if I am going to get another product from them. it sound great but reliability and customer service is not their top priority. This is just an absolute let down of their product.

I did contact them when their website is still available, but there was no answer at all. I hope that someone could repair it.

Jul 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #7 of 10
A fellow head-fi'er gave me his C&C XO quite some time back. It's an awesome little thing, but I haven't put it to use in maybe 6 months or so. On Friday I fired it up again, but battery was dead. Hooked it up to a 12V source and the charge light (red) comes on, then just goes out.

I pulled out the original charger (12V / 1A) which has a broken case and it did the same thing. Wired up a 12V/1.5A charger and still same thing.

My current 12V source is a Mean Well 75W (12V/6A) PSU and I measured and made sure the voltage from the original charger was duplicated @ 12.3V, but still it won't remain charging.

It works like a charm running off the power source, but I don't need it as a desktop amp.

Weird thing is, when the charge light goes out, if I switch on and then off the charge light comes on again for a 20 seconds or so.

Am I correct in assuming that having left it lying around for 6 months has gone and got the battery all messed up? I don't see any charge control IC on the PCB, so they're doing the charge in some uncontrolled or improperly monitored manner.

I wonder if I should take the battery to some R/C shop and have them give it a charge on a proper lithium cell charger?

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #8 of 10
i probably talked about this great little thing couple years ago when i first got it.  i'm still using it even i got the so-called "better" amps like p-51 and some more.  something special about the amp, and a charge last over 10 hours.  i guess i really got a special one.

Jul 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #9 of 10
The lithium cells are unbalanced. Just popped it open now to have a look after a week of trying to charge it. Batteries hooked up in series, one is 3.6V and the other is 4.2V and they both have a protection pcb on them. The charge circuit in this thing is basic and does no balancing. Doesn't help with the batteries in series. The one cutting out at full charged is preventing the other one from charging. And the drain on the dead one is reducing play time to minutes before it cuts out.

Will see if there's a hobby shop nearby and see if they can charge this battery.

This might be an option if the cells are really dead.

http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-ioncell37v750mah603048-10c27wh75arate.aspx

If stock ever shows up, that is.

And, yes, I love this amp too. I got it free from a fellow head-fi'er. :)

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 10
Measure the size of each battery and then look up the replacements.  My C&C Box+ died after about three years of battery and charging use.  Bought two replacement batteries for a little over 25.00 USD each.  Now works like a charm with slightly better battery life since the original units were 3.6VDC at 750-mAh.  The new batteries are the same size but at 1200-MAH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back