Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Dec 18, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #740 of 1,484
Best I’ve used are the SR Purple which improves everything. Detail, tonality. Soundstage, you name it. Improving right across the board.

Every other fuse I’ve tried is similar. Silver/gold mix is nice and neutral with good insight, Copper slightly warm, silver slightly bright. The same characteristics as different materials in interconnects. The SR Purple however, I can’t really understand how they pull off what they do. Just spectacular.

Dec 18, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #741 of 1,484
It actually makes sense, just as different materials in cables make a difference.
My explanation is that the fuse I changed gives a cleaner edge to the tone is actually not complete, as a result an additional texture appears on the cleaner stage, and the benefits are in the size of the stage.
These are fine changes but very noticeable, and necessary in any device.
Engineering is quite crippled by the delivered components in the device, for a more affordable price for the customer

Dec 18, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #742 of 1,484
Yeah, I find the power cables also make a difference as does use of balanced isolation transformer etc. I recently installed Audyn True Copper Max caps as bypasses in the power filtering section of my power amp and that too made an incredible improvement so I no longer believe that only changes in the signal path make a difference though rather power also. :)

Dec 18, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #743 of 1,484
Thanks for sharing
In fact, I bought the power cords without any expectations to improve the sound, I just ran into a sale and wanted to put something in the system. When I replaced the cable that comes with the Pegasus it was a shock to me, the difference was literally after listening to a quality IEM you switch to quality speakers, with plenty of extra gains in the whole picture.
It doesn't matter what the mains supply is in your house, but this 1m of cable puts the electricity in order and cleans it from noise that affects the sound, and with great impact

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #746 of 1,484
Thanks for sharing
In fact, I bought the power cords without any expectations to improve the sound, I just ran into a sale and wanted to put something in the system. When I replaced the cable that comes with the Pegasus it was a shock to me, the difference was literally after listening to a quality IEM you switch to quality speakers, with plenty of extra gains in the whole picture.
It doesn't matter what the mains supply is in your house, but this 1m of cable puts the electricity in order and cleans it from noise that affects the sound, and with great impact
It works as a transmission channel allowing HF noise energy generated on rectifiers to dissipate away from the enclosure. This energy would otherwise show on the DC power rails and dissipate internally, affecting filtration and an uniform potential of ground plane. If a transformer is torroidal type, then eficiency of power cord in removing internally generated noise is increasing. It is why the best power cords a shielded type.

As for a fuse, I have a negative opinion, it only helps if the existing fuse is inductive type. An ordinary fuse (straight wire type) from the local hardware store will do the same job. Use a slow-blown type.

Dec 18, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #747 of 1,484
I’ve never experimented with fuses though I have owned components like PS Audio and Holo Audio for example and there are other highly regarded manufacturers where the designers have experimented with fuses and use them in their line of products.

Dec 18, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #748 of 1,484
It works as a transmission channel allowing HF noise energy generated on rectifiers to dissipate away from the enclosure. This energy would otherwise show on the DC power rails and dissipate internally, affecting filtration and an uniform potential of ground plane. If a transformer is torroidal type, then eficiency of power cord in removing internally generated noise is increasing. It is why the best power cords a shielded type.

As for a fuse, I have a negative opinion, it only helps if the existing fuse is inductive type. An ordinary fuse (straight wire type) from the local hardware store will do the same job. Use a slow-blown type.
I don't understand a lot of what you explain . I understood when I bought the power cable that it directs the current, which behaves like a wild river, in the right course, and the cable shield protects from various radio influences from the environment(by the way, the noise it eliminates is inaudible, but it masks a lot of sounds).
I am generally satisfied with all my investments, but with IsoTek EVO3 Gemini I did not notice any improvements as well as with AudiQuest power cable. Fuses are a good investment

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #749 of 1,484
I don't understand a lot of what you explain . I understood when I bought the power cable that it directs the current, which behaves like a wild river, in the right course, and the cable shield protects from various radio influences from the environment(by the way, the noise it eliminates is inaudible, but it masks a lot of sounds).
I am generally satisfied with all my investments, but with IsoTek EVO3 Gemini I did not notice any improvements as well as with AudiQuest power cable. Fuses are a good investment
It is common misconception that you only need to protect from environmental noise. A truth is that you need both and a noise generated internally is a bigger problem. If you transfer this noise and allow to radiate even one meter away, it makes a big difference. Of course effects on sound quality are noticed after achieving required transparency level (power conditioning, high quality clock, eliminating ground loops), these listed elements affect SQ much more and must be taken care before effect of power cables is shown. As for fuses, it can be a placebo efffect. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back