Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Mar 27, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #286 of 1,482
Below is pic of main internal board of my Musician Pegasus purchased last month. You can see the marking of V05 on the board which was confirmed as the most current version.

Attachments

• Musician Pegasus.jpg
    Musician Pegasus.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #290 of 1,482
I agree, XLR is definitely the way to go based on specs alone, but the audible difference is significant.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I'm finding the AES input to be superior to the USB, but I don't have an I2S source to try. I also slightly preferred using Optical (with a glass fiber cable) over USB from my Auralic Aries.

Lastly, upgrading the internal fuses really takes this DAC to the next level. I am currently using the HiFi Tuning Supreme3 Cu fuses but I may try the Ag version out down the line. For $50-$100 or so, it's an amazing return on investment.

According to Aoshida, the DAC uses both fuses in 115V operation and just a single fuse in 220V (2A small slow/delay fuses). See below:

"The engineer said from the live wire of the power tailstock to the fuse is the direction marked by you.
The red color is the fuse of 220V operation,
For 115V operation, the red color and blue color works at the same time."

1590128819114_0.jpg
So if one pulls 110v fuse out, pegasus will work in Europe countries?

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #296 of 1,482
My Pegasus arrived 2 days ago, you definitely can see and hear the Denafrips Ares 2 heritage all over (and that is not a bad thing!), but only some more hours in will tell.
...only the 3 feet solution is a step backwards in my opinion.
Can you exchange the feet without opening/disassemble the case?

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #297 of 1,482
My Pegasus arrived 2 days ago, you definitely can see and hear the Denafrips Ares 2 heritage all over (and that is not a bad thing!), but only some more hours in will tell.
...only the 3 feet solution is a step backwards in my opinion.
Can you exchange the feet without opening/disassemble the case?
Brand new, no burn in? They say it gets better with burnin

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #298 of 1,482
Brand new, no burn in? They say it gets better with burnin
I did listen the first time after 24 hours continuous runtime, but I also did write "...only some more hours in will tell":wink:. So it is still a first-time impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back