Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Feb 6, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #826 of 1,482
Be it Holo Audio using top quality USB board or any other manufacturers using the best available input out puts in their top end products that prefer another choice of inputs outputs depends entirely what would sound best using said components.
It is OEM version of either Amanero, XMOS or licenced Thesycon libraries on a different microprocessor like in a case of Pegasus.

:)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #828 of 1,482
I am attempting to use the Douk Audio U2 Pro to convert USB to I2S to input to the Pegasus. I changed the I2S configuration on the Pegasus so that the 1X and 2X lights are on and the 4X light is off while the I2S input light is flashing. This seems to be the I2S mode on the Pegasus that works best with the Douk Audio U2 Pro. A couple of other settings worked but either had the L & R swapped, or did not play all file formats. One problem I noticed using this I2S setting with the Douk Audio U2 Pro is that while playing 352.8kHz PCM files that there are clicks and pops during playback. Playback seems to work fine for lower sample rates. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #829 of 1,482
I am attempting to use the Douk Audio U2 Pro to convert USB to I2S to input to the Pegasus. I changed the I2S configuration on the Pegasus so that the 1X and 2X lights are on and the 4X light is off while the I2S input light is flashing. This seems to be the I2S mode on the Pegasus that works best with the Douk Audio U2 Pro. A couple of other settings worked but either had the L & R swapped, or did not play all file formats. One problem I noticed using this I2S setting with the Douk Audio U2 Pro is that while playing 384kHz PCM files that there are clicks and pops during playback. Playback seems to work fine for lower sample rates. Has anyone else experienced this?

You can cycle through to find the right 384 pcm setting. DSD is reversed.

Feb 7, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #830 of 1,482
I am attempting to use the Douk Audio U2 Pro to convert USB to I2S to input to the Pegasus. I changed the I2S configuration on the Pegasus so that the 1X and 2X lights are on and the 4X light is off while the I2S input light is flashing. This seems to be the I2S mode on the Pegasus that works best with the Douk Audio U2 Pro. A couple of other settings worked but either had the L & R swapped, or did not play all file formats. One problem I noticed using this I2S setting with the Douk Audio U2 Pro is that while playing 352.8kHz PCM files that there are clicks and pops during playback. Playback seems to work fine for lower sample rates. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, my U2 Pro does the same on the S/PDIF output during playing 88.2 and 176kHz files. All frequencies 48k family play fine. In my case it can be out of spec nominal clock frequency (outside PLL locking range). If Pegasus use PLL for clock synchronisation on I2S port, it could be the same.

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #832 of 1,482
I have some trouble.
When I use Apple Music with high bit (>=70500Hz) sampling rate from my Macmini(2012 late),terrible noise has occur.
No trouble with tidal.
Does anyone have same trouble?
What happen when you play local hi-res files?

Feb 12, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #834 of 1,482
I would also look at settings in the app. I don't know MAC, but there are similar solutions across all OS platforms. Try to find 'exclusive' mode settings and make it active. The app can also use "Integer Mode" that works similar. There might be buffer setting in the app or OS (perhaps buried in the MIDI settings), increase a buffer.

Feb 12, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #835 of 1,482
Thank you sajunky again.
I think Apple Music dosen't have these special mode.
I just kill the other applications. And my Mac has 16gb memory.It's enough to play music.
My solution is to change lower sampling rate.I'd like to use the highest rate, though.
I will try to find the answer.

Feb 13, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #836 of 1,482
Check audiophilestyle website for info to use bitperfect on Apple devices and apps

Feb 13, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #837 of 1,482
Thank you gimme headroom, but bitperfect info was not opened by Apple.I didn't find it.

I experienced even tidal via audiovarna.This software fix the highest sampling rate.Then noise occurred.

I change the way of thinking.
Gustard U 18 will save me.
It avoid the connection from my Mac mini to the Pegasus directly.

Feb 13, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #838 of 1,482
i like the trolley - i used to have one like that in my kitchen lol

But jokes aside its probably practical for pulling up alongside your chair or bed or wherever your listening spo
Just integrated the Pegasus into my system. I've connected it via USB straight to a Windows computer, with RCA Coax and Optical connected via the D10. I'll be testing all the inputs and how the Pegasus sounds with both the THX 789 and Bottlehead S.E.X., balanced and single-ended, respectively. So far via casual listening, it sounds good! Need to spend a bit more time critically listening to it, so will reserve judgement till I have more data to share.

IMG_20200918_081412_1.jpg
I love the mobile setup. Never thought about doing something like this, but it is honestly pretty handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back