Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #319 of 357
Aug 1, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #320 of 357
basshead.gif

that alone, worth the trip 

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #321 of 357
Aug 1, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #322 of 357
OK, Beats T-Shirt it is......now that the Gators actually have a Football Coach this should be interesting:unamused:....

Would have loved to be bringing HEKs to the Meet, but my Daughter needs braces (literally:cry:). Traded my PS1000's for a new pair of HD800s, guess it's a right of passage.

Doubt McElwain is going to be as atrocious as the Muschampion, but he's sure walking into a rough situation offensively, with that OL being so green.... Trust me, we went though the same thing with an all-new OL and DL last year, and it was brutal in stretches. Hope it's at least as bad for the Geckos :wink:

And as much as it pains me to admit it, braces > HEK. Sigh... :p

Don't sweat it.

I don't care how good the HEKs are, they're overpriced.  I'd have more fun playing around with the 800s.

I'd like to spend some serious time with the HE650 at this meet, especially if anyone has a recent version.  Rumor has it that the veil has been lifted in the more recent models.

I can definitely see the allure of the HEK. I have headphones all around my office, it seems like, and if I could replace most of those with one that adequately stitched together their various strengths into a single listening experience, I'd say there is a very compelling value proposition to be made. That said, it would be a really tall order to be good enough to justify that pricing, and I don't see myself owning one anytime soon. (Unless I find that ever-elusive winning lotto ticket on the sidewalk one day...)

Thanks Burnley for the info on MC21.  I thought I was a dumb ass - appreciate the correction!
My current schedule is to arrive in Nashville on Sept 25 at 6pm after 2-weeks in Germany.  Therefore, will probably miss the meet - I hope it's a great one!!

Boo!! Dick, it would suck if you had to miss it!! Like Kevin said, you don't have to load up all your gear-- in fact, this would give you a great excuse just to bring the wife down and enjoy yourself without the extra work! :)

Thanks Dick, sure you don't want to hang in Nashville after your trip to Germany? You can try more stuff, without having to ride herd on your own gear.

I will be amping the HD800s with the Auralic Taurus Mk. 2, with a Little Dot Mk. 3 as backup. Sources will be a Monarchy M22B R2R and Uber Bifrost as DACs.

Man.... Can't wait to listen to that Taurus. Some pretty high praise for that bad boy!!

Got the Teton in yesterday. Drool worthy so far with my hd800's and speakers.

Heck yeah!! That's another one that's definitely got my headphone nerd lust in overdrive... Bet it sounds amazing!!

And while I'm still waiting on final, absolute confirmation of the Sept 26th date for work, I've already submitted for it, and I'm tired of waiting, so I'm just gonna pull the trigger-- the Fall 2015 Music City Meet will be held on September 26th in Nashville, TN, precise location TBD. I'll have a new thread up in a few minutes!

Cheers, fellas!

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #324 of 357
Im excited for everyone getting new gear! Im getting something special as well in the mail today....a hot new pair of LA 900s! I cant wait to hear them. THe TH 900 alone was so good i ended up selling my HD 700 as well as my HE 500. As a result I have been without headphones for about 2 weeks while this mod was being done. Needless to say I cleared my schedule for tonight. Its just gonna be me, my music, and a glass of whiskey :)

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #325 of 357
Im excited for everyone getting new gear! Im getting something special as well in the mail today....a hot new pair of LA 900s! I cant wait to hear them. THe TH 900 alone was so good i ended up selling my HD 700 as well as my HE 500. As a result I have been without headphones for about 2 weeks while this mod was being done. Needless to say I cleared my schedule for tonight. Its just gonna be me, my music, and a glass of whiskey :)

Congrats. As we all know, it is never just a glass of whiskey, enjoy your night.

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #326 of 357
  Did someone say Music City Headphone Meet?

Indeed, good sir, we did!

Im excited for everyone getting new gear! Im getting something special as well in the mail today....a hot new pair of LA 900s! I cant wait to hear them. THe TH 900 alone was so good i ended up selling my HD 700 as well as my HE 500. As a result I have been without headphones for about 2 weeks while this mod was being done. Needless to say I cleared my schedule for tonight. Its just gonna be me, my music, and a glass of whiskey
smily_headphones1.gif

Very cool, man!! Except for the part about being without headphones... How did you live??? :p

New thread is officially live! Off to have a late lunch with my dad, but I'll hop on again later tonight!! WOOT-WOOOOOOT!!! 

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #328 of 357
ApexHiFi_Teton_Photo_Front.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back