Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
Sep 18, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #676 of 714
Looking forward to the Fostex.  I don't usually do this but checked out your HP's any chance you could bring the high end Alessandro's? Go Vols!

Those are listed in his "gone, but not forgotten" section.

Would assume he no longer has them...

Yes, gone but not forgotten.

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #677 of 714
Yes, gone but not forgotten.

Well, at the very least, you can bring the memory of them with you to Nashville.  
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #680 of 714
This meet will unfortunately start on a downer for me. The mjolnir that I've had for about a week now has a loud hum. No freakin' clue. Got to go back to Schiit for this one. 
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #681 of 714
Sorry I wont be able to make it to this one after all. I've had some serious car issues this past month and it still needs more repairs. I was really looking forward to this weekend and even asked off work to go, but I just cannot afford the expense of traveling. Please do a post meet impression thread with pics so I know how it goes...will DEFINITELY be at the next one! Cheers yall!

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #682 of 714
I'm watching the birds whip the bucs

Am a*$ whooping it was, congrats, the Dirty Birds are back on track, at least against the Bucs, say didn't Tampa Bay used too have a Football Team? 
deadhorse.gif
!

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #683 of 714
  This meet will unfortunately start on a downer for me. The mjolnir that I've had for about a week now has a loud hum. No freakin' clue. Got to go back to Schiit for this one. 
frown.gif

That is tragic!!! Now I wont be tempted to buy it though, more money in my Ragnorik Fund 
eek.gif
! I am still looking forward to hearing the thunderous Gungnir though!!! Safe travels....

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #684 of 714
I know it's last-minute, but...
I plan on attending the meeting
I can bring some mid-fi stuffs like

Headphones
Sennheiser HD650
Audeze LCD-2.1
HiFiMan HE-500 
Ultrasone Signature DJ
Kenwood KH-K1000

Amplifiers/Sources
Burson Audio HA-160D

by thw way...What time does the meeting start?

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #685 of 714

Headphones
Sennheiser HD650
Audeze LCD-2.1
HiFiMan HE-500 
Ultrasone Signature DJ
Kenwood KH-K1000

Amplifiers/Sources
Burson Audio HA-160D

never too late !

10ish, some may arrive a little earlier,
i believe the "official hours of operation" are 10a to 7p

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #686 of 714
Woo-hoo!! Was up until 3:35am last night working on a project to present today, and I'm back up and at it!! (I'm hoping that sounded convincingly energetic and positive, because I actually wanna sleep and shoot somebody, and not necessarily in that order). Okay, hoppin' to it:

Originally Posted by MattTCG 
Funny, I made that same comment to Mrs. TCG just last night. 
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

Heh! This made me snicker
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif

Originally Posted by jaywillin 
what happens in nashville, stays in nashville !    
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif

Just what kinda meet do you guys think this is? Headphones convention, in case you misread that...
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image005.gif

Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 

OK, I will have SE and balanced Norne Cables for Alpha Dogs, HiFiman, HD700, 800's; "Throne" for the Oppo/700 Cable, discount cards-plus a goodie for those who order at the Meet, and can sell the sample units at a discount.....Trevor is being very good to us!!!!!

Killer!! Trevor tends to be pretty good to his customers... Pretty darn interested in hearing these, man!!

Originally Posted by Rem1x 
What time should I be there saturday?

The new grado gs1000e's sound great by the way.  They are far from broken in, but I think you guys will like my setup.

Brother, you get here whenever you want :wink:. The 'official' time is 10-7, and I'll probably get there around 9:15ish to start setting stuff up. Come on by whenever you feel like it!

Quote:
Theogenes requested some photos, so here is my feeble attempt, all assistance in Nashville will be readily accepted. OK, for what it is worth, here are pictures of the Alpha Dogs and Norne Vanquish:

and the HE 560's and Draug 2:

Now accepting bookings for weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, Funerals, and chambre a coucher (please request the strict acceptance guidelines prior too ordering) 
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image010.gif

There's a looooooot of sexy going on in those pics... Something about the cable and the type of braid they use makes me think of medieval dragon tails or something. I dig 'em.

Originally Posted by RUMAY408 
The pictures from the 1st meet were beautiful, really well done!

Can't wait

Packed and ready

I spent 2 solid hours packing up my stuff, since I'll have to leave straight from work tomorrow, Theogenes you are messin' with my mind 
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image011.gif

Astell & Kern AK100ll/MK3+ not packed yet
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image014.gif

Looking good, homie!! And you can thank Skyline315 and my buddy Josh (who isn't a head-fier) for the pics last time... Or at least the good ones. I'm a lowly cellphone camera guy m'self.

Originally Posted by phillyd 

There's a high likelihood that I'll have a lot of cash at my disposal at this meet
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image015.gif

Hope you save some of it on retaining a divorce attorney or on a full deneuralizer treatment for the wifey...
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif

Originally Posted by RUMAY408 
I forgot to add the HE400 has 2 velour pads and 1 original set, the HP is in mint condition.  I really like the sound, but too heavy for my head.  

Any idea where we will meet Fri night, and what time do we start Sat, I would PM Theogenes but I know he's really busy.

Errm, I may or may not have failed to call those places yet. I'll get it knocked out after my meeting today (early afternoon) and let y'all know who will tak our reservation! (Sorry for the delay. Life is definitely over capacity on insanity and workload at the moment
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image016.gif
).

Originally Posted by cardude 

Hope it's not too late, but I found someone to work my shift and would like to attend this meet. Also, my better half will be with me if that's ok. I can't stay the day, but would still like to partake in the festivities.

Checking the equipment that is supposed to be there, I have some goodies that aren't on the list. For headphones, I have the TH600 and TH900. I can also bring my Hi-Fi M8, Fostex HPA8, and iPod with over 70gb of lossless music. I can supply an extension cord and Furman 8 outlet power conditioner.

I'm excited to have the opportunity to sample the fine gear there, especially the Grado PS1000, T1 and HD800. I've never been to a meet, but have lived vicariously through other HF'ers experiences at them. Looking forward to meeting ya'll, and checking out some great gear.

Oh, and since I'm coming from Knoxville, I've gotta say it....Go VOLS!!
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image005.gif

Awesome, man!! It'll be great to have you there!! I've wanted to hear those Fostex cans quite a bit and see what all the fuss is about, so that's killer!

And you are obviously a man of great intelligence and refinement by looking at your team of choice, so I applaud you, sir. :wink:  GBO!!!!

What is up (well besides the horrible Big 12 Officiating) with the Reform School at Auburns Offense!!!

I am getting pumped up for the Meet!!! Theogenes, do we know where we are going for supper and the time? Would you mind sending a PM with your cell number?

See above. I've dismally failed up to this point to secure a reservation, but plan on squeaking in and redeeming myself at the last minute. I'll post what's up later today!

Originally Posted by skyline315 
Theo, can you add my DT880 Premiums to the trading post?

Thanks much, sir.

I've got them posted-- is the link to the wrong one? Lemme know, I can fix it in a jiffy...

Originally Posted by goropeza 
Sorry I wont be able to make it to this one after all. I've had some serious car issues this past month and it still needs more repairs. I was really looking forward to this weekend and even asked off work to go, but I just cannot afford the expense of traveling. Please do a post meet impression thread with pics so I know how it goes...will DEFINITELY be at the next one! Cheers yall!

Aw, boo bears, man!! Hate that you won't be there!! We'll try to send good vibes in your general direction
C:\Users\Burnley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image017.gif

Originally Posted by paper2k1 

Headphones
Sennheiser HD650
Audeze LCD-2.1
HiFiMan HE-500 
Ultrasone Signature DJ
Kenwood KH-K1000

Amplifiers/Sources
Burson Audio HA-160D

Very cool, man, welcome!! The dealio officially starts at 10am, but a couple of us will be there setting up around 9:15-9:30 if you want to come then. I actually owned the SigDJ for a while, they're definitely the best basshead cans I've ever heard, so if anybody is interested in what a really good set of closed headphones that can cave your skull in with bass sound like, those are the ones, lol!! See you there!!

Apologies for the spotty communication recently, guys-- hopefully by 2-2:30 today I'll be able to focus exclusively back on the meet and life in general, lol! The good news is that this puts me one step closer to possibly living in Franklin, which would make setting up events like this considerably easier in the future... So wish me luck!!

I'll get the restaurant reservations nailed down and holla back at y'all today. Can't WAIT, guys!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: the HF posting system $#!t the bed there when I posted that, so apologies for any funky formatting, etc.

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #687 of 714
Theogenes knock em' dead with your presentation Man!!! Sounds like the real world has been getting in the way of your fun:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, no worries though, it pays better than being the Julie on this Tennessee "Love Boat" Meet that is!:flushed:!

Did you hear, that Grumpy Old Man, Bill Snyder said Gus stole his signals!?!? Time for the old goat to retire again!

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #690 of 714
What time is the meet going to start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back