Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread
Oct 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #91 of 369
  In unrelated news, I'm leaning towards replacing my MSII+Asgard combo for the Wyrd+Modi+Vali triple stack.

Purely out of curiosity, of course.  :p

an inquiring mind !
i liked the msii over the modi, but it was close, and without the wyr, and the vali to the asgard, my $.02
keep us informed

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #92 of 369

an inquiring mind !
i liked the msii over the modi, but it was close, and without the wyr, and the vali to the asgard, my $.02
keep us informed

My understanding is that the wyrd helps tighten the modi up a bit and give it a little more focus.  Maybe it's all snake oil.  We shall see.  

The vali is said to be a little more analytical/detailed in comparison to the asgard 1 with a slightly bigger soundstage.  Again, we'll see.  

Soundstage is certainly something I'm after, though, and I'm curious about how cheaply I can obtain it.

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #93 of 369
  My understanding is that the wyrd helps tighten the modi up a bit and give it a little more focus.  Maybe it's all snake oil.  We shall see.  

The vali is said to be a little more analytical/detailed in comparison to the asgard 1 with a slightly bigger soundstage.  Again, we'll see.  

Soundstage is certainly something I'm after, though, and I'm curious about how cheaply I can obtain it.

the vali you'd get a little warmth (tube) over the asgard i think

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #94 of 369
In unrelated news, I'm leaning towards replacing my MSII+Asgard combo for the Wyrd+Modi+Vali triple stack.

Purely out of curiosity, of course.  :p

My rig in Nashville was ASUS>Wyrd>Bifrost, until a week before the Modi was in the loop. The Wyrd>Modi chain was dead silent, music rising from a pitch black background. I had been keeping mine to backup my Bifrost, but since Matt (you are Gentleman no matter what Jay says about you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). If you are interested, I am willing to let you try it in your system.

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #95 of 369
My rig in Nashville was ASUS>Wyrd>Bifrost, until a week before the Modi was in the loop. The Wyrd>Modi chain was dead silent, music rising from a pitch black background. I had been keeping mine to backup my Bifrost, but since Matt (you are Gentleman no matter what Jay says about you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). If you are interested, I am willing to let you try it in your system.

Try which component, exactly?

The modi, or the wyrd/modi combo?

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #96 of 369
The Modi, my Wyrd isn't going anywhere, love you Man, but let's get some perspective here :smirk:! Actually, I would be willing to let you try the combo, let me know.

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #97 of 369
The Modi, my Wyrd isn't going anywhere, love you Man, but let's get some perspective here :smirk:! Actually, I would be willing to let you try the combo, let me know.

Haha, thanks.

We'll see...it's one of those things where I may just buy them.  If I end up dissatisfied, it wouldn't be hard to sell it off and move onto the next thing.

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #98 of 369
Well, my nearly new Modi can be had for $70.00 (-$5.00 Nashville discount), so much easier to pass on should you not like it, plus one item can be returned to Schiit.

Now back too the really important stuff, how bout dem Cats!!!!!!

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #99 of 369
Well, my nearly new Modi can be had for $70.00 (-$5.00 Nashville discount), so much easier to pass on should you not like it, plus one item can be returned to Schiit.

Now back too the really important stuff, how bout dem Cats!!!!!!

Hmmmm, I may take you up on that.  If it's still available in a couple of weeks, I'll likely be in touch.

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #100 of 369
Amazing weekend in College Football, the two top States, Mississippi, Ole Miss spanks Bama and Lame Kippin, MSU rolls over Texas AM, and Arizona, Wildcats embarrass the Ducks at home, and ASU (in the one time I will cheer for them) shock USC with a Hail Mary as time runs out!!!!!:football:!!! Life is indeed good!!!!!

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #101 of 369
Amazing weekend in College Football, the two top States, Mississippi, Ole Miss spanks Bama and Lame Kippin, MSU rolls over Texas AM, and Arizona, Wildcats embarrass the Ducks at home, and ASU (in the one time I will cheer for them) shock USC with a Hail Mary as time runs out!!!!!:football:!!! Life is indeed good!!!!!

all this and ga tech beat the 'canes !

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #102 of 369

And AU sends LSU back to the bayou
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #103 of 369

And AU sends LSU back to the bayou
tongue.gif

Damn straight and WDE!! Auburn could possibly move all the way to the #1 spot on Monday. Still, we have arguably the toughest schedule in the country. But if we manage to come through, it will be Auburn vs FSU for a rematch. I guy can only dream. 

Oct 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #104 of 369
^The only problem with that scenario is FSU, they aren't as good as Auburn, either of the Mississippi Schools, Bama, they actually would be an average team in the SEC East. Thankfully with the Playoffs, marginal conferences can't hide :smiling_imp:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back