Multi Custom Flagship IEM Review 23/8/11 UERM Added
Sep 8, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #91 of 114
This is a great thread, solved great part of my doubts about the IERM being compared to other customs.

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #92 of 114
Hey Guys!

Just a quick update and some apologies!

Sorry for the lack of activity lately, been really busy with school.
On a side note my "Long" review for the UERM is now up, tho there really isn't much to say about this IEM since it isnt as flexible as other customs.

Another thing is my UM Miracles and Merlins should be arriving within the next two weeks so please look forward to them!

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #94 of 114
For all my reviews I play my music through an iPod Classic 160Gb.
I will be buying a Hifiman 801 or 603 in the near future. I may or may not borrow my friends Colorfly C4 for tests too.
In terms of phones and such I currently have in my possession the Samsung Galaxy S2 and a iPhone 3Gs.

I'll upload pictures of the IEMs when I get a camera with a good macro mode, Probably the Canon G12.

Quote:
Cool reviews, nice :)

Which source and media player / DAP whatever are you using with your UERM's? When you say most detailed, what do you mean more precisely?

p.s. take a photo of your UERM. :)

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #96 of 114
Yes, I recently got the Fostex HP-P1 as well and IMO it sounds more natural than the CLAS.

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #98 of 114

Quote:
Yes, I recently got the Fostex HP-P1 as well and IMO it sounds more natural than the CLAS.

Do you use it at home or on the go? Is it even bulkier than in the videos and pictures? Thanks.

Sorry for digressing but, how old the ears do not grow or hardly grow anymore. Or what age do you recommend me to be before i can do customs, ignoring the price factor and re-shelling possibility. Oh and when you say air bubbles in the customs, you're talking the air bubbles that got in the acrylic whilst making the earpieces right? Sorry if this sounds really amateur-ish.

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #101 of 114
For listening Radiohead, which one do you think is better between ES5 and UERM, I wan't to really connected with Tom's music and voices.
If you ever heard a song called Hearing Damage from OST of Twilight maybe you could understand what I mean, that's typical of song that has very deep bass and somehow the synthesizer low bass sounds can give some short like electricity shocked to my heart beat :D , plus I wan't THX experiences on the soundstage, sorry for my bad English :xf_eek:

Oct 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #102 of 114
You can never get THX soundstaging on in-ear monitors. Even the mightiest full size headphones cant pull this off (well mostly) If you want THX, go buy some speakers cuz headphonesin general cannot do soundstages as articulate and lively as speakers. 

Now back to the topic, based on your wants, Id say the ES5 is good to really feel the music cuz its got sweet mids dats really intimate for vocals, and its got pretty good bass performance (large bass driver). The UERM however is a chameleon, you can play anything with the UERM. Its designed as a monitoring tool so the sound you get is spot on accurate. Plus its probably the closest thing to a THX like soundstage for a headphone and the bass extension is very deep. However, it might sound cold and very analytical to some due to its accurate nature.

So its your pick, do you want the sweet and intimate musicality of the ES5 or do you want a dead accurate sound with one of the best soundstaging in the world of headphones? The ES5 is still very accurate and it has good soundstage performance btw while the UERM is just less intimate sounding and very neutral. You cant really go wrong wit either

Oct 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #103 of 114
Just use some external XFi DSP for the Surround sound effect.  You absolutely can get positional audio in IEMs but not from the IEM itself.  Btw, THX has little or nothing to do w/ surround sound.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX

The ES5 is more viceral and emotive, it has that live 'presence.'  It's more about the performance expeince.

UERM is more analytical but highly enjoyable.  It's more about focusing on the recording.

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #104 of 114
Pictures.....  
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back