"mug me" headphones
Oct 15, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #31 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Heh, I've been asked a few times if my H120 and ER-4S's were iPod's. Instead of banging them upside the head with my knuckle, I just sigh and say "Yes, yes it's an iPod."

The day someone says "Hey nice iRiver and Ety's, must sound great!" I swear I'll kiss they ground they walk on
rolleyes.gif

Hey nice iRiver and Ety's... must sound great!

biggrin.gif

I used to wear my SR-225s to school and got some negative comments. There's a table in the cafeteria where all the asians sit (this is college btw, lol), and they all have big Sony and Bose cans. One of them looked at my Grados and said, "Those look like crap, how much were they?"

When I told him he just laughed.

When he put his Bose's back on, I laughed
orphsmile.gif

Oct 15, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #32 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supsup

biggrin.gif

I used to wear my SR-225s to school and got some negative comments. There's a table in the cafeteria where all the asians sit (this is college btw, lol), and they all have big Sony and Bose cans. One of them looked at my Grados and said, "Those look like crap, how much were they?"

orphsmile.gif

Hmm...I guess I have to kiss you IP address? Lol
cool.gif

I get laughs as well when they hear how much those "red and blue things in your ears" cost. Little do they know! Hey, at least you have a great place to come and complain about those ignorant people
icon14.gif

Oct 15, 2004 at 4:32 AM Post #33 of 88
Quote:

One of them looked at my Grados and said, "Those look like crap, how much were they?"
orphsmile.gif

Happens to me all the time. You just get used after a while.

Oct 15, 2004 at 9:12 AM Post #35 of 88
I've heard of those "Mugging Stories" or whatever, i don't use the stock buds, i use ER6i's but their white too so yeah. I live in a big city (Los angeles) and do walk alot, but nothing i heard about iPod Muggings or anything of that nature is going to stop me from wearing my white 6is and carrying my Pod around.

Oct 15, 2004 at 10:14 AM Post #36 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rule
I've heard of those "Mugging Stories" or whatever, i don't use the stock buds, i use ER6i's but their white too so yeah. I live in a big city (Los angeles) and do walk alot, but nothing i heard about iPod Muggings or anything of that nature is going to stop me from wearing my white 6is and carrying my Pod around.

cause it makes you look cool?
rolleyes.gif
ppl can't tell between ihp and a tape recorder. much less a white er6i and apple buds. to them, white = ipod.
people get mugged cause the victim allowed themselves to create the opportunity for the offender.

Oct 15, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #39 of 88
being burly with ugly cans is the key. also carry a pair of nice looking crappy buds incase you are mugged

Oct 15, 2004 at 4:48 PM Post #40 of 88
Wait, do these mugger's mug you for your Ipod or for your wallet? or both?
If it's for your wallet, then do they sell it? or keep it? (I'm guessing if they sell it, for drugs)
I've haven't heard of any muggings but many people lose their Ipod in cabs or what not. Is this more prevalent in Europe?
For one to use an Ipod, one needs a computer. And we know about the digital divide, maybe that's why it didn't reach us here yet. (or get a hip hop artist using an Ipod then it will be hot, I kid you not Russel simmons said something like this last night, not regarding Ipods but merchandise in general, remember the Cazal glasses of the 80's)

Oct 15, 2004 at 5:02 PM Post #41 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
this reminds me i need to get a small calibur gun. I'm a small guy so probably a prime target. someone tries to rob me i'd rather give him a bullet than my hard-earned stuff. the trick would be keeping it accessable enough that a mugger wouldn't know the difference what i was grabbing for. and getting the safety off and trigger pulled in one swoop. may need some practice.

I could see it now...the new "gigabag" from headroom. Includes room for a DAP, amp, and handgun. Easy and secure velcro access with extra ammunition side pocket. Also the "super blasto-bag" for those who want to go portable with their Ipod and Desert Eagle.
eek.gif

Oct 15, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #42 of 88
yeah that whole knife mugging story would of gone a whole lot differant with a handgun

my friend has a creative zen player ...when he got it i pleaded with him to get better cans then the stock buds ....when that failed i asked him to at least get black earbuds so he wouldn't be mugged for his "ipod" ...i guess that at least paid off for him

Oct 15, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #43 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
cause it makes you look cool?
rolleyes.gif
ppl can't tell between ihp and a tape recorder. much less a white er6i and apple buds. to them, white = ipod.
people get mugged cause the victim allowed themselves to create the opportunity for the offender.

rolleyes.gif

The victims are not at fault at all. The criminal is always at fault. I don't know how things work "Down Under", but putting the blame on the victim makes you look like an idiot.

Oct 16, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #44 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I have used my ps-1's out and about a few times..

Nobody knew what they were so I wasent affraid of being mugged really.

Be afraid Billy, be very afraid. the hundreds or thousands of people who frequent headfi just might be interested in those beauties.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #45 of 88
Quote:

biggrin.gif

orphsmile.gif

I don't mean to appear rude, but your post kind of "offended" me. I'm unsure why you had to specifically mention asians, relevant or not.You could've just said "group of guys" or something. To me (and I'm probably reading into it wayyy too much), your post seems a little offensive. I care not to elaborate the exact aspects of your words that do so, since I may just end up talking out of my ass. I'm sorry, I just had to say something. Just ignore me.
icon10.gif

Of course if you're asian as well, then this whole post of mine is completely irrelevant.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back