"mug me" headphones
Oct 13, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #16 of 88
LOL.

Me: <strolling down the street wearing R10's and iPod.>

Thief: Are you listening to an iPod?

Me: Why yes, and they sound so good with my R10's. Ever heard of them? They're made from a mature Zelkova tree and virgin Greek Lambskin......

Thief: <brandishing knife> Yeah, whatever. Hand over your iPod!!!!

biggrin.gif

-Ed

Oct 13, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #17 of 88
naked-1.jpg

that's actually me mugging my boss at my old paper. It ran with a not-so-great article (which is why it's not linked). The story sounded great, but reporting didn't reveal much, then it was late in the deadline with a wide-open newshole, and that's why you see some ****** articles in papers.

Oct 13, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #19 of 88
haha, now i'm scared. Do you think anyone would try to rob me if I had on Westone UM2's...... or e5c's? I dont think people would know...

Oct 13, 2004 at 5:54 AM Post #20 of 88
I have had my share of problems because of my headphones, not because people try to steal them, but because the Grados and Alessandros look so funny. That's why I don't take them out anynore and use my Realistic PRO25 instead.

Oct 13, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #22 of 88
i also try to hide my ipod. i have a black lajo exo3x skin, and i use the sennheiser mx300 buds that came with my karma if i really need portable. i gave the ibuds to my sister to use with my karma
icon10.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #24 of 88
I don't think thieves even bother these days. When I climb out of the 168th street station half of the people I see are wearing white headphones! I kid you not. With this many around, what's the point of robbing yet-another-generic-white-headphone-wearing-person?

Oct 13, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #26 of 88
i took my h120 and 6i to school a week ago. everyone was like "is that an ipod?" i was like "NOOOO, white buds dont mean an ipod!!!" so im kinda thinking of painting cord of my 6i to black so no1 will think its an ipod

Oct 13, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #27 of 88
lol, I read on the ipodlounge forums that this ipod owner in the bronx, to avoid being identified as an ipod owner, actually took a black sharpie and colored his headphones black! that's a bit extreme, but then, I don't live in the Bronx

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #28 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
i took my h120 and 6i to school a week ago. everyone was like "is that an ipod?" i was like "NOOOO, white buds dont mean an ipod!!!" so im kinda thinking of painting cord of my 6i to black so no1 will think its an ipod

Heh, I've been asked a few times if my H120 and ER-4S's were iPod's. Instead of banging them upside the head with my knuckle, I just sigh and say "Yes, yes it's an iPod."

The day someone says "Hey nice iRiver and Ety's, must sound great!" I swear I'll kiss they ground they walk on
rolleyes.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #29 of 88
I must be the only one I know who wears his cables under the shirt. It isn't uncomfortable, and it hides it well. It also helps to keep potential microphics at bay, as well as keeping me from pulling my iems out accidentally by catching the cord on a doorknob or myself. Most people don't even notice I am listening to music.

Oct 15, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #30 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by stigweard
I must be the only one I know who wears his cables under the shirt. It isn't uncomfortable, and it hides it well. It also helps to keep potential microphics at bay, as well as keeping me from pulling my iems out accidentally by catching the cord on a doorknob or myself. Most people don't even notice I am listening to music.

If you have long, shoulder length hair, no one would ever know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back