"mug me" headphones
Oct 16, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #61 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
yes, cause i created an opportunity for them by not investing in alarm systems & CCTV & install blinds (***), or better locks etc. the thing with (majority) criminals is that they only pull off a crime if they think they can get away with it.

i did not said the criminal's actions were justified, no where did i mention that at all. do point out where i mentioned that (if i did)

all i'm saying that it is the victim's fault for creating the opportunity for the criminal.

i am NOT saying it is the victim's fault for being mugged!

now Supsup, kindly understand exactly what i am saying, and not assume what you think i am saying.

"she made me do it, I didn't want to, but she won't stop nagging blah blah blah"
NOBODY can make you do what you don't want to do, unless your life is at stake.

Alarm systems and CCTV? So we should all be meek conformists who live our lives in fear? Do you carry a wallet? If so you just created the opportunity, after you're mugged should we assume the mugging was your fault?

Oct 16, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #62 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Alarm systems and CCTV? So we should all be meek conformists who live our lives in fear? Do you carry a wallet? If so you just created the opportunity, after you're mugged should assume the mugging was your fault?

if you can buy a $2000 plasma and NOT even have blinds, then you deserve to be robbed. IMO anyway. besides the glare on the plasma wouldnt be so good for viewing.

you wouldnt be needing the alarm system & cctv if you had the fricken blinds in the first place
rolleyes.gif

an example would be, immobilizers are REQUIRED on cars to get insurance here in down under. i wonder why. maybe insurance companies here are stupid
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #65 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby
i find it interesting that people always use race when describing a group of hoodlums

i find that describing their apparel has much much much higher correlation with being hoodlums or not than their race

i call it apparelism/clothism

you can tell a lot about a person by how they dress...... after all the way you dress is a consious choice you make

Thats one of the stupider things I've read in a while...Of course the fact that some of my friends wear FUBU shirts makes them gangster thugs, right?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #66 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
Thats one of the stupider things I've read in a while...Of course the fact that some of my friends wear FUBU shirts makes them gangster thugs, right?
rolleyes.gif

or wearing a black suit, sunglasses where you cant see the eyes = mafia?
eek.gif
hahahah. this thread is amusing.

Oct 16, 2004 at 10:44 PM Post #67 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Makes me glad I'm 6 foot and 250 pounds (my other hobby is weight lifting), most people don't mess with me. I'm not saying this could never happen to me (there's always someone bigger), but it cuts the odds down a lot. I agree with the other suggestions, get some inconspicuous headphones and try to maintain a low profile.

And whatever happens, it's not worth your life.

I'm 6'8' and 315 lbs. Give me those headphones. NOW!
tongue.gif

Weather it's headphones, fancy shoes, or a team logo jacket, none of it is worth getting killed for.

Conspicuous consumption can get you in a lot of trouble, really fast.

Oct 16, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #69 of 88
no it doesn't make them a thug... not causation... correlation

i'd say that 99% of the time that there is a gang related crime that the person is wearing the type of clothes i am talking about.....

i'd say it is a much much much higher correlation than the correlation between race and violence.

Oct 16, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #70 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmypolitics
out of curiousity, have you ever heard of anyone, upon being identified as an ipod owner due to the white earbuds, being mugged and robbed of their ipod?

yes,i've read reports about it.
eek.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #71 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by PooJou
Quote ipod'er on the train, noticing my iHP... "nice tape player mate
tongue.gif
"

i kid you not ><

bahahaha, go the
etysmile.gif

my tape player pwns your ipod
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #72 of 88
what cities do yall live in where they would still just headphones/ipods, thats some simple ass **** wouldnt even need a weapon.

Oct 17, 2004 at 6:06 AM Post #73 of 88
i consider my 8 feet of heavy steel chain and long strong buck knife to be sufficent security against muggers
600smile.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #75 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supsup

Just because there's an opportunity does not justify the criminal's action.

Let's say you recently bought a Plasma TV which cost you more than 2000 dollars.. A person sees you have it and breaks into your house and steals it.. Is it your fault that the criminal stole it?

Actually, I AM buying a plasma TV (closer to $4k).
I've already made plans to keep it in my truck until after dark and move it into the house with a cover over it.

I live in a town-house development that has gone downhill over the past several years. Most of my new neighbors speak english as a second language, or are wellfare recipiants.

To my way of thinking, it would be stupid of me to tempt these underprivledged people.

Also, I have a $5K stereo system in my truck.
I ALWAYS turn it off at least two blocks from home. No one in the neighborhood has ever heard it.
Several unfortunate individuales nearby have had car windows broken and their stereos ripped out, but I still ahve mine(five years and counting).

If they don't know you got it, they won't steal it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back