MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3)
Oct 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #138 of 740
  I am waiting my msb analog dac. it is not shipped yet. Probably it will ship this week. I am so excited. I will write here a review here :wink:

I would be as anxious as you :D I hope in one year or so to get one myself. I think I will kill the f5 key refreshing the shipment tracking.

Do you have a spare keyboard? Be prepared :))

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #139 of 740

I would be as anxious as you :D I hope in one year or so to get one myself. I think I will kill the f5 key refreshing the shipment tracking.

Do you have a spare keyboard? Be prepared :))

It's worth it. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #140 of 740
Hi,

Does anyone here have a MSB Analog DAC and live near NYC?
I'd like to do a DAC shootout and will have a Wadia, a Bricasti and and (hopefully) Ayre.
Would love to add MSB Analog and EMM/Meitner to the mix as I would like to choose a new DAC for my system by the end of the year.
Hoping to do this over a weekend in December.  Contact me via private message.

Cheers,

Marty

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #141 of 740
  Planning on going signature.  Diamond is just too much.

Are you still planning on going signature? How will you have it equipped?
I am thinking about either the Analog DAC or the Platinum DAC IV+. Do you think the Analog DAC is superior to the Platinum DAC?

I heard the Analog DAC and the Diamond DAC during a demonstration of Marten speakers. They both sounded fantastic.
The Analog was playing on Marten Heritage Duke 2 speakers (Linn Klimax DS and Linn amp.)  and the Diamond on Marten Heritage Bird 2 speakers (MSB CD and Mark-Levinson amp.) so it's difficult to compare them (the DAC's) from that demonstration.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #142 of 740
The $1000 for a volume control amuses me. Why does one need a volume control on a DAC anyways? Should you not feed line level into your amp, and then control the volume at the amp?  
I see one of these in my future, when I'm doing a world tour with dozens of stops and making $1M at every one of them. Kidding... kind of.

Remote volume control is perfect for me as I don't have it on my Kondo amp :)

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #146 of 740
Good stuff! Looking forward to reading the review.

Been looking at the Rockna Wavedream, it seems they use MSB modules, you can specify a Signature version as well. Wondering how this stacks up to the Analog Dac.

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #149 of 740
The fact this DAC is R-2R may or may not be the reason so many love it. I am a convert on R-2R using Audio Note DACs. To me, they sound so natural, no digital edge. I can finally enjoy digital as much as a great turntable, but without the hassle.

Is the MBS Analogue bit for bit none oversampling? I emailed the company and didn't get a definitive answer. Also, does it remove the usual HF filter which IMO affects the sound in a negative way. I would love to hear the MSB next to an Audio Note 4.1 for example. Tubes in the mix may affect the sound signature maybe? I heard the Metrum Hex and the Octave which are solid state and None Oversampling DACs, and they sound smooth but not close to the Audio Note 4.1 my opinion, though the Hex was in another system.

I agree on the power supply upgrade option. The power supply is as important as the digital conversion and the amplifying section. Many 'great' DACs can be very weak in those areas IMO.

Either way, it is encouraging that audiophiles are taking a 'risk' on none Delta-Sigma technology. I did and couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back