MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3)
Jul 27, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #736 of 740
Hi,

Just got an Analog dac from a friend of mine and I am using it with my HEAD2 amp right now. I am wondering is there any suggestion to improve the USB input quality from my laptop directly without passing through any bridge? Thanks!

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #737 of 740
Not the answer you are seeking, but the Ethernet Network Renderer with Roon is noticeably more revealing than a dedicated music computer using a SOtM USB. But not cheap! Roon also works well with my legacy Squeezebox appliances for low-fi listening spaces around the house like the shop and garage.

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #738 of 740
Not the answer you are seeking, but the Ethernet Network Renderer with Roon is noticeably more revealing than a dedicated music computer using a SOtM USB. But not cheap! Roon also works well with my legacy Squeezebox appliances for low-fi listening spaces around the house like the shop and garage.
Thanks for the information. Do you have any suggestions (specific model numbers) for Network Renderer?

Nov 24, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #739 of 740
In the Headphone world, well respected DACs are the likes of Chord Dave , Chord Dave + Mscaler , Holo May but not many have reviewed or spoken about MSB DACs. I dont have any speakers but into only Headphones. I am more into EDM/Pop only

Can anyone compare MSB Technology Platinum DAC IV Vs Chord Dave / Holo May DAC for Headphones like Utopia / HE1000 ? I keep seeing MSB DACs used coming up in FS once in a while so wondering if I need to go in that way for my HPs or stick with Chord / Holo brands.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #740 of 740
Check the price on these. This is a big jump. Consider DCS Bartok as well as NAGRA DAC and amp. These are in the 10’s of thousands. I have audio friends who own Bartok and big DCS and NAGRA rigs. Spectacular

Users who are viewing this thread

Back