**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Sep 25, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #2,898 of 3,203

For lack of a better term, that is absolutely badass.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm keen on these now.

You might have a pair available to you at an excellent price soon... just give me a couple of days to decide if I can part with them. They don't get much head-time, but I really like them so not sure which factor wins out...

Sep 25, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #2,899 of 3,203

You might have a pair available to you at an excellent price soon... just give me a couple of days to decide if I can part with them. They don't get much head-time, but I really like them so not sure which factor wins out...

No pressure mate, take your time. 

beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #2,900 of 3,203
Absolutely love these!  Music sounds so natural and fun.  Wish they had a bit more clamping force - they really need them for the sound. 

I want a case though!  Want to take these everywhere with me in a bag.  Suggestions?  Hard case for your pack sack.

Sep 27, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #2,901 of 3,203
Absolutely love these!  Music sounds so natural and fun.  Wish they had a bit more clamping force - they really need them for the sound. 

I want a case though!  Want to take these everywhere with me in a bag.  Suggestions?  Hard case for your pack sack.

Go to YouTube and search "MrSpeakers clamp" and you will find a short example of how to modify the clamp force. Very easy to address....

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 28, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #2,902 of 3,203
Go to YouTube and search "MrSpeakers clamp" and you will find a short example of how to modify the clamp force. Very easy to address....

Awesome stuff fellow engineer.  I'll take a look.  (Without searching) I'd imagine it's just bending the slider frames but, right now, I want to keep them as is for the time being.  Definitely something I'll do in the future, though...well maybe.

Hey, I just want to personally thank you for such an awesome experience.  To wear these, and listen to the sound signature they give off, it's like you personally come here and wrap me in a nice warm blanket on a cold day and serve me chicken noodle soup - no homo.

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,903 of 3,203
Awesome stuff fellow engineer.  I'll take a look.  (Without searching) I'd imagine it's just bending the slider frames but, right now, I want to keep them as is for the time being.  Definitely something I'll do in the future, though...well maybe.

Hey, I just want to personally thank you for such an awesome experience.  To wear these, and listen to the sound signature they give off, it's like you personally come here and wrap me in a nice warm blanket on a cold day and serve me chicken noodle soup - no homo.

You're welcome, and thanks for giving them a try!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #2,904 of 3,203
Got my MD 3.2 this morning, used, but mine. I think i'm 3rd owner. Wery excited. With Asus essence want to try muses01 opamps in headphone section.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #2,906 of 3,203
I like the MD 3.2 better. HE-400 still sounds slightly more crisp and keeps up better with faster music but I prefer the MD... More than enough bass, more comfortable, and to me, much more enjoyable. 90% of my listening is done with the MD through a Fiio e10.... The other 10% is through a Kenwood receiver I've dedicated to the He400s...

I like how I can listen to the MDs very comfortably even if I have a headache. The laid back sound signature is awesome.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #2,907 of 3,203
I like the MD 3.2 better. HE-400 still sounds slightly more crisp and keeps up better with faster music but I prefer the MD... More than enough bass, more comfortable, and to me, much more enjoyable. 90% of my listening is done with the MD through a Fiio e10.... The other 10% is through a Kenwood receiver I've dedicated to the He400s...

I like how I can listen to the MDs very comfortably even if I have a headache. The laid back sound signature is awesome.
not sure understand. 400 is crisper and cleaner.ok. I know the bass is darn good on the 400. Crisper cleaner with excellent bass. How could that be a lesser desired sound?

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #2,910 of 3,203
He400 is a very very different hp compared to the mds. If you listen exclusively to edm, then go for he400. Vocals are way off on he400,no matter if its stock pads or jergs, and there's a treble etch that can't be fixed. Mad dogs are a very warmish laid back hp, bass is accurate but lacks punch and is overall less than he400. He400 is a very unique hp, I have no interest in ever hearing it again, since going to he4, and having owned the 3.2s for a bit. I'd pick mds everytime over he400, but it depends on what you like. He400 vs any t50 is kind of polar opposites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back