**MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Mar 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #2,506 of 3,203
if it was not stated that 3.2 was the last update then I would have also understood. Look at other companies like fiio they announced the x5 so long ago so there was a long waiting period ahead of its release, despite me knowing an x5 will be out i bought the x3 as the waiting for x5 release was too far.

As for the last comment here do you really expect me to sell the mad dog and who would buy it for the full price i paid for few days ago. Please again guys no one would understand unless they experience the same situation like mine, so all your opinions are from a different angle as you probably owned the mad dog months ago not like me only few days 

i thought this is a community that stands in fairness and not only support the manufacturer, what happened here is disclosure of important info for a customer 

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #2,507 of 3,203
if it was not stated that 3.2 was the last update then I would have also understood. Look at other companies like fiio they announced the x5 so long ago so there was a long waiting period ahead of its release, despite me knowing an x5 will be out i bought the x3 as the waiting for x5 release was too far.

As for the last comment here do you really expect me to sell the mad dog and who would buy it for the full price i paid for few days ago. Please again guys no one would understand unless they experience the same situation like mine, so all your opinions are from a different angle as you probably owned the mad dog months ago not like me only few days 

i thought this is a community that stands in fairness and not only support the manufacturer, what happened here is disclosure of important info for a customer 

No I actually bought the md 3.2 and found out about the pro while still waiting for my 3.2 to get here. I was pissed but I only think the pro needed better awareness that's all. It's also advertised as an alternate version not a revision. The pro replaced the universal, not the 3.2.

You will get over it like I did. Save up and upgrade

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #2,508 of 3,203
to be honest i don't know what version it is I bought the one that said mad dog with alpha pads, so i don't care what it replaced so after i purchased it by few days i saw this mad dog pro come out. 

this is what i bought 

Mad Dog + Leather ALPHA Pads + Comfort StrapMD004

and paid for it 299 believe me if they gave me the hint the pro would come out after few days I would have paid the difference at once. Again I live in Israel and paid around 50 USD just taxes and if I want to ship it back it will cost me at least 60 USD 

man i am not happy end of story and i will not get over it

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #2,509 of 3,203
  to be honest i don't know what version it is I bought the one that said mad dog with alpha pads, so i don't care what it replaced so after i purchased it by few days i saw this mad dog pro come out. 

this is what i bought 

Mad Dog + Leather ALPHA Pads + Comfort StrapMD004

and paid for it 299 believe me if they gave me the hint the pro would come out after few days I would have paid the difference at once. Again I live in Israel and paid around 50 USD just taxes and if I want to ship it back it will cost me at least 60 USD 

man i am not happy end of story and i will not get over it

You have the Mad Dog 3.2.

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #2,511 of 3,203
The MD 3.2 sound awesome to me Pro or not. No matter what next version comes out, the current sound of my headphones is not going to change. When I bought them I was hoping to get some really great sounding headphones, and you know what ? I got even better.

My advice is you focus your energy on just how awesome the headphones you have are. Spending time worrying about the 'next' headphone isn't productive and shouldnt impact listening experience.

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #2,512 of 3,203
  The MD 3.2 sound awesome to me Pro or not. No matter what next version comes out, the current sound of my headphones is not going to change. When I bought them I was hoping to get some really great sounding headphones, and you know what ? I got even better.

My advice is you focus your energy on just how awesome the headphones you have are. Spending time worrying about the 'next' headphone isn't productive and shouldnt impact listening experience.

we r talking about 2 separate things here 

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #2,513 of 3,203
I can certainly appreciate that you bought a product and another alternative was announced shortly thereafter. But there was no avoiding this. It's the same with computers, phones ect. 

Companies will want to offer their best product when they feel it's appropriate to offer. There is no way to make everyone happy. Dan does his best by offering a return policy of 14 days. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #2,515 of 3,203
  First world problems.  :)

well my friend to me its an ethical problem, and we all are grown ups and at my age I can identify an ethical problem from non

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #2,516 of 3,203
OK I strongly disagree with you. 

No manufacturer is under ANY obligation to tell you about anything that is coming out when you make a purchase. There's nothing unethical about what's happened here. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #2,517 of 3,203
 this by far far the most unethical customer treatment in my book especially for a business that thrives on community feedback and really as i said unless u r in my position you will not understand  my feeling 

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #2,518 of 3,203
rolleyes.gif

you are on your own island of pissy anger there. after u vent a lil you wil get over it... oh well moving on.

For those interested in the ZMF and the Pro the differences are bigger. The MD 3.2 differences arent as big as they are in listening as they seem when someone is describing them. I can def tell with these diff mods the t50 driver is an amazing piece of gear. I could be happy with any of these 3.2 included if I couldnt afford or never hear about another closed back. Also he has another wooden headphone coming out as well(ZMF). 

wether it be the pro, md 3.2, zmf zpex.. I have to make myself compare because they are all very enjoyable. I REALLLLY want to hear the paradox slant to see if its worth its HEFTY price tag over these. 700 for the same cup is a bit much imo. gotta hear it to believe it

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #2,520 of 3,203
If you've done your research and read the thread, then you know that Mr. Speakers offer regular updates on his product until he feels its done. This is no secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back