Jan 8, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #2,221 of 2,843

Let the games begin.

RS1 with MAD Ear vs. Ether with Pulse Infinity

I hope you thoroughly enjoy them! 
Ether>>>RS1 :D

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #2,222 of 2,843

I hope you thoroughly enjoy them! 
Ether>>>RS1 :D

First impressions are that the Ether wins hands down in sub-bass and imaging. At first few hours, RS1 seems to have a more live top-end, which is actually something I prefer. Mids are neck and neck. 

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #2,223 of 2,843
First impressions are that the Ether wins hands down in sub-bass and imaging. At first few hours, RS1 seems to have a more live top-end, which is actually something I prefer. Mids are neck and neck. 

You might be like me, I actually prefer the white tuning pads and then apply some EQ around 8Hz.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #2,224 of 2,843
A lot of folks bypass the Audeze line based on comfort it seems. I'm in that camp as well. I like the LCD3 and X. I don't think I'd want either of them long term though. Comfort and personal sound preferences.

I was considering LCD-2s for my endgame since they have such a good rep but I'm in the minority that doesn't like wood grain and the idea of additional comfort issues ended up bumping my budget significantly to go for something else.

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #2,225 of 2,843
Just an FYI... Congrats to Dan, he was mentioned in "As We See It" written by John Darko in the February issue of Stereophile.

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #2,226 of 2,843
I'm excited, just learned local store will getting a shipment of Ether's in a couple weeks, both models so i'll be trying both and see what I like best. Am taking my LC with me, hope they let me camp out and try as much as I'm able to. Compare as much as i can before they kick me out for spending all day there lol 
Now to just figure out how to afford the $2000 they cost, damn exchange rate is killing me.

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #2,227 of 2,843
  Just an FYI... Congrats to Dan, he was mentioned in "As We See It" written by John Darko in the February issue of Stereophile.

Hah, haven't seen that yet, John didn't say anything!  :)  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #2,229 of 2,843
Got my ETHERS just a few hours ago, I even let the wife have first listen.
Thanks everyone for the help and advice in the thread. If I told you what tipped the balance in my choice in the end. Dan liking my Happy new year.
A simple click of a mouse behind a kind thought...
First impressions very nice, glad I didn't opt for a heavier brand of ear magic. I shall enjoy the burning in, one song at a time.
Lucky for us, Dan's passion is our pleasure

Cheers MrSpeaker

And a happy new year

Edit..

Oh and the lovely Mark at Electromod. Even though I caused him grief with Dan..My fault....

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #2,230 of 2,843
^^Congrats on the ETHER!! They have become my daily go to headphone. Right now my setup is idsd>Liquid Carbon>ETHER (balanced)  

Just beautiful tone and balance to this setup. I have a DAC-19 on the way which will move the idsd to the for sale table. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #2,234 of 2,843
Matt you should be a reviewer....
At least you keep the gear longer....

Thanks mate and thanks for the great advice as always

Much appreciated

Kind regards
Dave

haha...I have written many formal reviews, headphone.guru, audio-head ect. 
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #2,235 of 2,843

Matt you should be a reviewer....
At least you keep the gear longer....

Thanks mate and thanks for the great advice as always

Much appreciated

Kind regards
Dave

haha...I have written many formal reviews, headphone.guru, audio-head ect. 
wink.gif

How about links to your reviews?  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back