MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Aug 13, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #1,666 of 2,843
I thought we are supposed to give each other support in this community =p... Too bad i missed it due to work

No need to worry, it's still on display every day in store :)

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #1,667 of 2,843
Trigger pulled. 
beyersmile.png

Now the wait begins.

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #1,668 of 2,843
Decided that after the Yggy I'm gonna get the Ether. It'll be quite a while 'till then, but I'll definitely do a comparison with the HE-500 if I can spare any time to type while listening. Glad to read everyone's impressions, and since I'm almost getting the same vibe from these cans as the Cavalli Carbon gets at shows and the Yggy has been getting, I'm gonna guess that my headphone end-game has been reached.
Then it's time for speakers and associated equipment, such as a house that'll work well for the acoustics. :p

Thanks everyone in the thread for blabbing and praising! And no joking about more headphone purchaces because I'm 'not done'!

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #1,669 of 2,843
So from the moment I first got my ETHER's case, it's reminded me of something.  I didn't think too much about it, but tonight it was really bugging me.  And then I remembered!

It looks like a Chinese percussive instrument called a Muyu.  Literally translated as Wooden Fish, it is more commonly known as a fish drum.

Anyway, how is everyone else's insomnia tonight?

Aug 14, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,672 of 2,843
So from the moment I first got my ETHER's case, it's reminded me of something.  I didn't think too much about it, but tonight it was really bugging me.  And then I remembered!

It looks like a Chinese percussive instrument called a Muyu.  Literally translated as Wooden Fish, it is more commonly known as a fish drum.

Anyway, how is everyone else's insomnia tonight?
[rule]

Those are obscene

Aug 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #1,673 of 2,843
Hey Guys, started a new thread for those that own or are interested in vintage or current R2R DACs. My Monarchy M22B (recapped) and Taurus Mk. 2 are incredible with my HD800s. The neutral SQ of the Ether would also be a fantastic pairing!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777597/vintage-current-r2r-dac-owners-discussion-insight-and-review-thread

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1,675 of 2,843
I see a few ethers up in the fs now
tongue.gif
I was tempted before I came to my senses.

That was fast.....................mostly due to the "C" version news I'd guess. 

Aug 15, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #1,677 of 2,843
I listed my set. They are great but my wife has complained multiple times about how loud they are from the office to the bedroom and I only use them for an hour maybe every other night or two. She's made it clear about her dislike for my open headphones. If I can get close to the same sound with the closed pair its worth the $200 loss to make the switch.

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,678 of 2,843
  I listed my set. They are great but my wife has complained multiple times about how loud they are from the office to the bedroom and I only use them for an hour maybe every other night or two. She's made it clear about her dislike for my open headphones. If I can get close to the same sound with the closed pair its worth the $200 loss to make the switch.

"From the office to the bedroom"? My god, how loud do you listen? 

I've asked my wife and kids if the Ethers bug them sitting right next to me, and they say they can barely hear it. 

I just listened to them for most of a flight from California to Japan, and cranked up to drown out the noise of the engines. Of course, most other people were listening to headphones anyway, but hardly everyone.....

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #1,679 of 2,843

"From the office to the bedroom"? My god, how loud do you listen? 

I've asked my wife and kids if the Ethers bug them sitting right next to me, and they say they can barely hear it. 

I just listened to them for most of a flight from California to Japan, and cranked up to drown out the noise of the engines. Of course, most other people were listening to headphones anyway, but hardly everyone.....

The office is right next to the bedroom and she wants it totally quiet when reading her books. I'm just telling it how it has been told to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back