MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
May 9, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #4,937 of 5,796
I've recently purchased a pair of Ether Flow, and the reviews are totally right - it's an excellent headphone that does everything well. My biggest complaint is the lack of soundstage.
You can buy the electrostat pad for ether flow, it improve the soundstage but the mid get more dark.

i don't know if i want '' more dark mids '' but i can't try it :/

May 9, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #4,938 of 5,796
You can buy the electrostat pad for ether flow, it improve the soundstage but the mid get more dark.

i don't know if i want '' more dark mids '' but i can't try it :/

I appreciate the suggestion; I actually have the electrostat pads on them already. They do improve the soundstage, but unfortunately I've been spoiled by an extended time with the 800S.

I would recommend the e-stat pads in general, though.

May 9, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #4,940 of 5,796
The e-stat pads do open the soundstage a bit, as well as add some clarity and (unfortunately) brightness. The regular angled pads have better mids and bass, imo, but the increase in soundstage and resolution makes the e-stat pads worth the slight loss. For my tastes, anyway.

May 9, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #4,942 of 5,796
''
it's also possible to change the tone of the headphone by repositioning the position of the headphone relative to the ear. In general, we find that the ear pads produce a brighter sound when the headphone is moved toward the back of the head, while more forward positions darken the mids.
''

Maybe if you can put the headphone forward you will get better result

May 9, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #4,943 of 5,796
how do you compare your ether to lcd2?

The Ether is a substantial improvement over the LCD2. The soundstage (while still intimate) is much wider than the LCD. The overall resolution, separation, clarity, and speed is notably better.

Comfort is the biggest issue; the LCD clamps down on your head with the force of a thousand suns. The Ether is one of the most comfortable headphones I've worn, only being bested by the Sennheiser HD series.

Despite all of that, the LCD2 still sees quite a bit of use. There's this magical liquidity and creaminess to them that no other pair of headphones quite does for me. They also have arguably the most enjoyable bass of any headphone I've listened to.

May 10, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #4,947 of 5,796
Delete. Weong thread

May 12, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #4,948 of 5,796
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 13, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #4,949 of 5,796
i saw a lot of people saying the E pads doing more bright the EFO, i think with more damping, the highs should got nothing... but with more Soundstage, it will be really interesting with a '' tuning pack ''

Wich pads can be use with EFO?

May 13, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #4,950 of 5,796
Hey everyone,

I have a pair of Ethers, with angled pads. I LOVE these headphones, but feel like they are missing "something".. they sound kind of veiled overall.. . would it help to try a different pad like the flat or electrostat one? If so what do you guys recommend? Obviously I would love to get the flow mod done eventually but cannot at the moment. Is changing the pads going to help? I also see you can upgrade the foam to 1.1, would this change anything? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks :)

My setup: MacBook Pro -> Schiit Bitfrost -> Schiit Jotunheim -> Ether DUM Cable -> Ether (w/Angled Pads)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back