MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Apr 23, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #4,861 of 5,796
Yes, Aug 30 will be the last day to order.

Thanks, all good things must come to an end huh? I'm lucky, SWMBO has approved, just need to discuss how to fund now. I'll get mine in for the upgrade soon. Thanks for making such a great product and making upgrades available. Hope to see you in Nashville again someday.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #4,862 of 5,796
Just got Alpha Primes in great condition and they are very awesome. I'll think I'll stick with Mrspeakers for my next purchase. How is the Ether C in comparison?
Liking them, I see :wink: I'm with you, my current headphones are Ether C Flow (home) and Æon (work).

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #4,863 of 5,796
Liking them, I see :wink: I'm with you, my current headphones are Ether C Flow (home) and Æon (work).

Right now I am Argons work, Prime at home. What are the Ether and Aeon like? Is the Aeon closed?

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #4,864 of 5,796
Right now I am Argons work, Prime at home. What are the Ether and Aeon like? Is the Aeon closed?
Æon closed; more "soft-spoken" than Ether C Flow or Alpha Prime, very easy to listen to. Ether C Flow has a flatter response than Alpha Primes, Æon closed has a bit of a notch in the lower mids. Ether C Flow is my favorite for orchestral and the most demanding music.

Apr 25, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #4,865 of 5,796
@mrspeakers i ordered gilmore lite mk2 for my ether c flow, just wondering a) if it will come with the 230v plug b) if it will pair well with my r2r audio gd,
i'm enjoying ether very much already, more neutral than the aeon but very musical :)

Apr 25, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #4,866 of 5,796
For 230V we can provide the correct power supply but we need to be advised immediately upon order if you need this.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 26, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #4,867 of 5,796
I am considering trying another amp with my Ether Flows. Currently using a Cavalli LC mostly and a Garage 1217 Ember II for the occasional tube fix. I like the sound of the LC but I am a bit of a metal head and when I play harder edged music I find the LC is too polite for my tastes. I believe earnmyturns said something similar regarding that amp paired with his EFC’s. It is a warm and polite little amp that also sounds fantastic, and competes very favorably with tube amps, LOL. I see Mr Speakers is carrying the Schitt line and imagine there is a reason for that :wink: The Lyr or Jot are reasonably priced. Similar to my LC. So that is an option (I also see the QP1R there and I must say that my favorite combo for headphone listening has got to be be my EFO and QP1R. For a long while now that combo always ticks all my boxes with anything I play through it).
I’m just fishing here, feel free to make a recommendation!

Apr 26, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #4,868 of 5,796
I am considering trying another amp with my Ether Flows. Currently using a Cavalli LC mostly and a Garage 1217 Ember II for the occasional tube fix. I like the sound of the LC but I am a bit of a metal head and when I play harder edged music I find the LC is too polite for my tastes. I believe earnmyturns said something similar regarding that amp paired with his EFC’s. It is a warm and polite little amp that also sounds fantastic, and competes very favorably with tube amps, LOL. I see Mr Speakers is carrying the Schitt line and imagine there is a reason for that :wink: The Lyr or Jot are reasonably priced. Similar to my LC. So that is an option (I also see the QP1R there and I must say that my favorite combo for headphone listening has got to be be my EFO and QP1R. For a long while now that combo always ticks all my boxes with anything I play through it).
I’m just fishing here, feel free to make a recommendation!
Lyr 3 (with new Tung-Sol tube in my case) combines the best attributes of Jot -- fast, detailed, dynamic -- with the best of LC -- liquid, involving. The Lyr 3 can keep up with very good DACs. You mention the QP1R. I thought MrSpeakers were only selling QP2R. I own a QP1R for travel, it's a very competent DAP, but a Lyr 3 (or LC or Jot) fed by a good DAC is something else.

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #4,869 of 5,796
I "only" own the EFO and the QP1R.
Am very happy with this combo. As I wanna be mobile with my headphones even at home I think I'll never get an desktop amp.
But it sure sounds intriguing that the EFO could sound even better...

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #4,870 of 5,796
Thanks for you reply. I am going to consider the Lyr then. I am always in agreement with your posts so have a lot of faith.
Yes the QP1R has been replaced by the newer version. I haven’t heard it.
While the LC can outperform the QP1R in many ways there is a sound signature it has that just works for me. I really like the way it sounds. But that is solely digital source, with the LC at home it is mostly vinyl.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #4,871 of 5,796
Thanks for you reply. I am going to consider the Lyr then. I am always in agreement with your posts so have a lot of faith.
Yes the QP1R has been replaced by the newer version. I haven’t heard it.
While the LC can outperform the QP1R in many ways there is a sound signature it has that just works for me. I really like the way it sounds. But that is solely digital source, with the LC at home it is mostly vinyl.
I think I know what you mean about QP1R vs LC: to me, QP1R sounds more true to the original sound than the slightly romantic tint of the LC.

Apr 27, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #4,873 of 5,796
Right on. Of topic but do you still have a Hegel amp? Are you posting anywhere about your experience with that? Just in case my ancient Krell bites the dust of course.
Still happy with my H360. I may have posted somewhere a little bit about it, but I don't remember where. My only complaint is that it has an old-fashioned pulse-based IR code for the remote, which made integration with the universal remote on my living room AV system flaky.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #4,875 of 5,796
I just wanted to make a plug for the Ether C Flow paired with the Kenzie Encore. It sounds outstanding and opens up the soundstage a surprising amount. Best synergy out of all the combinations of toys I've had at my disposal.

That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back