MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Apr 13, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #4,262 of 5,796
Boy O Boy. I'm having big issues with the new Electric Static pads.

My ears touch the ends and cause major irritation. You also can't move your jaw without the pads creaking.

They are driving me up the wall.

They do sound great tho. Certainly a nicer sound than stock pads. I don't think I can handle them much longer tho.
Mr Speakers will need to improve this when they release ther electro-static HP.

Very disappointed.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #4,263 of 5,796

My ears touch the ends and cause major irritation. You also can't move your jaw without the pads creaking.

They do sound great tho. Certainly a nicer sound than stock pads. I don't think I can handle them much longer tho.

Very disappointed.

I get the creaking as well and it is damn irritating, on my other leather headphone pads the finish isn't as glossy so it doesn't happen (Sony Z1R).

Still no one has offered a real method of preventing this which means I end up using other headphones which is sad because like you I love the sound of my Ether Flows.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #4,264 of 5,796
The original pads did the same on my ears. I have long ears not a taxi with the doors open but was the only failing. I hoped the EE pads would be deeper.Aftermarket pads before the Angled pads appeared helped.
Dan Peter. . Comfort wise an extra 3/4 of an inch thickness really makes the difference.
Just ask Mrs Middy....
Err she has big ears too...:hushed:

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #4,265 of 5,796
I just couldn't do it.

I've gone back to stock. The sound has changed. Not as good as the new pads however the comfort is way better.

Those new pads were making me real mad. I almost threw the HP. There was nothing enjoyable about it. Constant irritation and if I took a drink the pads creaked so bad you could hear the creaks over the music.

New Ether Flow pads 2/10.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #4,266 of 5,796

Very disappointed.

I'm sorry that they didn't work out for you. I haven't taken mine off yet. I think you bought them based on my recommendation?? PM me and I'll offer to take them off your hands. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #4,267 of 5,796
Hi All - yesterday I received my new Ether Flow, 5 hours listening and I love them, hoping to improve in the way it is burned.
Paired with Chord Mojo and Tidal iOS and Windows Desktop - really AMAZING!! No issues with pads and I have decided to sell my previous ones Senn HD600, these new ones are better in all, including comfort.

To complete my setup I have discovered I need a new device for the living room and replace my integrated stereo amp Marantz PM-17 KI Series.

I want to reuse my Mimby (Schiit Modi 2 Multibit) so I want a good integrated stereo amp to pair with Mimby and Chario Constellation Lynx bookshelf speakers (4-ohm, 100W peak), so only one RCA input is needed, but it has to have a good/excelent headphone amp output section, so
Does someone know of the existence of this integrated-stereo/headphone amp to pair with the fantastic Ether Flow?
Thanks

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #4,268 of 5,796
Tyll @ Inner Fidelity posted measurements for the ECF with the estat pads

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersEtherCFlowEStatPads.pdf

Stock ECF pad measurements

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersEtherFlowC.pdf

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #4,269 of 5,796
  Hi All - yesterday I received my new Ether Flow, 5 hours listening and I love them, hoping to improve in the way it is burned.
Paired with Chord Mojo and Tidal iOS and Windows Desktop - really AMAZING!! No issues with pads and I have decided to sell my previous ones Senn HD600, these new ones are better in all, including comfort.

To complete my setup I have discovered I need a new device for the living room and replace my integrated stereo amp Marantz PM-17 KI Series.

I want to reuse my Mimby (Schiit Modi 2 Multibit) so I want a good integrated stereo amp to pair with Mimby and Chario Constellation Lynx bookshelf speakers (4-ohm, 100W peak), so only one RCA input is needed, but it has to have a good/excelent headphone amp output section, so
Does someone know of the existence of this integrated-stereo/headphone amp to pair with the fantastic Ether Flow?
Thanks

I like my Marantz PM11S2 amp.. does great with my headphones an powering my Harbeth SHL5 speakers

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #4,270 of 5,796
I'm sorry that they didn't work out for you. I haven't taken mine off yet. I think you bought them based on my recommendation?? PM me and I'll offer to take them off your hands. 

I'm not bothered. That's part of the hobbie.

They did sound excellent tho. They smoothed the upper treble. I really like the effect on male vocals. It was the most realistic/natural vocals I have heard from a HP.

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #4,271 of 5,796
I just couldn't do it.

I've gone back to stock. The sound has changed. Not as good as the new pads however the comfort is way better.

Those new pads were making me real mad. I almost threw the HP. There was nothing enjoyable about it. Constant irritation and if I took a drink the pads creaked so bad you could hear the creaks over the music.

New Ether Flow pads 2/10.

I've not heard creaky pads.  Please send them back so I can examine them.  We'll replace them for you...  I'll PM you.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 14, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #4,273 of 5,796
Anybody have any advice on what I might do to reduce the clamp of the Ether? Honestly I have trouble wearing them for more than 2-3 hours max because the clamp is overkill against the jaw and it ends up making my ears hurt. I know they are memory metal but.....

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #4,274 of 5,796
I have found that the clamping force feels like too much if the earphone adjustment is wrong.  Try moving them up and down along the sliders and see if you can find your happy place. The pads sould be around your ears, not on them by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back