MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Oct 26, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #2,508 of 5,796

Forzaaudioworks? Based in Poland so won't be any additional tax within the EU and have some of his cables, all nice build quality and the price is very reasonable! 
beerchug.gif

I would also recommend Forzaworks just sent an email to them to make a custom Balanced cable for my Focal Elears, and got quick response with options and price and even recomendations. Price is also very reasonable.

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #2,509 of 5,796
I've only had my Flow in-house for a short time but I've fallen completely in love with the presentation. It's an incredible piece of work. Dan, Peter, and their team should be proud. Since we have the entire Ether series at the office, the Ether E excluded since it's still in development, I wanted to get some shots of the family since not only is the sound sublime but the aesthetics captivating as well. Be sure to check out the full gallery.

http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/1108506/mrspeakers-ether-series/

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #2,511 of 5,796
Question to U.K. Fraternity, has anyone already got their ether flow open and listening to Them?
If yes, when did you get Them?
Many thanks in advance.

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #2,513 of 5,796
I was listening to a good cross section of favorite music from my library with my QP1R and the Ether Flows. I played chestnuts like Nora Jones and Daft Punk and Jazz At The Pawnshop but I also made sure to play my metal music like Bob Mould and Havok. The good recordings sounded awesome but metal, especially recorded hot, can be a problem for a lot of cans. An example of that would be the Ether C which I found too bright or hot with the new Bob Mould album. I just couldn't enjoy it. But the Ether Flow was OK for me. The rough spots didn't make me cringe and so passed an important test in that regard. One of the most amazing things I heard that day was also with metal, Havok is a thrash band and my son is a professional drummer. I swear I could hear the mechanics of the double bass drum pedal in use. They utilize a chain drive and an axle with angle drives, lots going on there, man I could hear it! That totally blew me away. This was an AIFF CD rip. I listened for it again with the QP1R driving an Amps And Sound Kenzie and Flows and while it sounded nice that detail was then lost or smoothed over.
I will go for the open Flows personally as their sound signature seemed more to me like the reference quality cans like the Utopias, 1000, etc. And I don't need noise isolation.

Here is a link to sons band: https://bobfossil.bandcamp.com/

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,514 of 5,796
  I'm still waiting for my UK dealer to have any open Ether Flows in stock so that I can demo them. As of today, the dealer does not have a committed delivery date.

Thanks for the heads up!
Very frustrating having to wait so long since their release into Production to get to the UK.

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #2,515 of 5,796
This is silly but I had a layover in San Diego yesterday and borrowed a bike from our hotel. I rode over to Mr Speakers and stared at the door for a minute wondering if I should buzz them and try for a look around. Three young guys came out with their Mr Speakers T's on and we talked briefly before I rode off. There is no storefront and it was lunch break so I didn't try for a visit.
But I did visit the mythical birthplace of the Ether headphones! So I've got that going for me... One day it will be mine.

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #2,516 of 5,796
Question to U.K. Fraternity, has anyone already got their ether flow open and listening to Them?
If yes, when did you get Them?
Many thanks in advance.

I have had mine in the UK for about a month now bought from Electromod. As far as I am aware it is going to be another 2 weeks at least before they get more stock in though and I don't think they do demos as it is an online only shop. I guess you could ask if you live nearby them IDK.

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #2,517 of 5,796

I have had mine in the UK for about a month now bought from Electromod. As far as I am aware it is going to be another 2 weeks at least before they get more stock in though and I don't think they do demos as it is an online only shop. I guess you could ask if you live nearby them IDK.

Hi there, thanks.
No need to demo, did plenty of this at CanJam so in love with them already!
wink_face.gif

My Cavalli LAu should be with me next week but looks like I have to wait a little longer to use it
triportsad.gif

Oh well, this is all new to me anyway.
Cheers and hope you are enjoying yours?

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #2,518 of 5,796

Hi there, thanks.
No need to demo, did plenty of this at CanJam so in love with them already!
wink_face.gif

My Cavalli LAu should be with me next week but looks like I have to wait a little longer to use it
triportsad.gif

Oh well, this is all new to me anyway.
Cheers and hope you are enjoying yours?

That is going to be a brilliant combination! If you need a new dac to go with it I would highly recommend the Schiit multibit dacs.

These are easily the best headphones I have ever owned and in my opinion I preferred them to both the Utopia and Elear YMMV ofc. They complement my K10 CIEMs and my speaker setup perfectly as well. Not going to need any upgrades for quite a while now 
gs1000.gif

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #2,519 of 5,796
​It's been two weeks since MrSpeakers gave news about the upgrade program for international customers. This bit is part of the email we received:

1)  International customers in the UK, Japan, Singapore, Australia, Germany and Hong Kong may choose to order the upgrades through your local distributor who will collect all headphones to ship to us for upgrades in November. By shipping all units to a region at the same time we can reduce shipping costs, and hopefully minimize any duties (max duties are based on the upgrade cost not the headphone price, should this arise).  The distributors will have their upgrade programs in place over the next one to two weeks.  You may also order upgrades directly from MrSpeakers when your turn arises, it’s up to you.  Contact information for the distributors may be found at http://mrspeakers.com/where-to-buy/

So two weeks are up and I was wondering if there are any news. I contacted my dealer (who's an official distributor) and they said that there's nothing definitive on the upgrades.

​Just don't wanna miss out!

Oct 26, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #2,520 of 5,796
I was listening to a good cross section of favorite music from my library with my QP1R and the Ether Flows. I played chestnuts like Nora Jones and Daft Punk and Jazz At The Pawnshop but I also made sure to play my metal music like Bob Mould and Havok. The good recordings sounded awesome but metal, especially recorded hot, can be a problem for a lot of cans. An example of that would be the Ether C which I found too bright or hot with the new Bob Mould album. I just couldn't enjoy it. But the Ether Flow was OK for me. The rough spots didn't make me cringe and so passed an important test in that regard. One of the most amazing things I heard that day was also with metal, Havok is a thrash band and my son is a professional drummer. I swear I could hear the mechanics of the double bass drum pedal in use. They utilize a chain drive and an axle with angle drives, lots going on there, man I could hear it! That totally blew me away. This was an AIFF CD rip. I listened for it again with the QP1R driving an Amps And Sound Kenzie and Flows and while it sounded nice that detail was then lost or smoothed over.
I will go for the open Flows personally as their sound signature seemed more to me like the reference quality cans like the Utopias, 1000, etc. And I don't need noise isolation.

Here is a link to sons band: https://bobfossil.bandcamp.com/
thanks for this great impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back