MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #2,027 of 5,796
Yes the bit is what im wary of,whether it will break off after a long period.

I have a pair of HE-400i and the sliders feel like cheap plastic so I am not surprised to see them break. However, I demoed the Ether Flow for some time and the slider felt far more solid so I would be surprised if they broke unless you really went for it!

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #2,029 of 5,796

The slider is just for the leather part. The gimbal is nicely made of what appears to be cnc'd metal. The workmanship is high there.

Compared to all the plastic on my modded HD580s, the EtherC feel like many levels higher in quality. However, I've had those for over 15years without concern.

I wish dan would do like lulzbot and share the printed parts stl file with the community. The workmanship would secure his revenue and give us the security of being able to replace parts if something should happen and replaces not be available.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #2,030 of 5,796

Well, it feels like a high grade plastic, plus I have a feeling that a lot of stress on that part is relieved by the flexibility of that awesome memory wire.  That's the craziest stuff I've ever seen!

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #2,031 of 5,796
On a different note, I've been burning in my flows using a 7th gen. iPod (which has been running 18 hours and still has a quarter charge 
blink.gif
), and I put the phones on to check the volume level. I was completely floored by the dynamics and body the flows brought out in my lil' old iPod that had been sitting in a drawer for ages.  My Hugo and LC bring out better sub bass, instrument separation and soundstage (such as it is with headphones), but not by the margin that I would have imagined.

It shows me that I wouldn't hesitate buying the Flows to use with any of todays newer DAPs, and that headphones really are the best place to start when you begin upgrading your system.  IMO.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #2,035 of 5,796
Anyone using Jotunheim amp for the Eflow? Any difference using SE or balance out with DUM cable? Impression?

I thought of ordering the DUM xlr balance cable with it and buy a headthrone zoetic adapter from Norne for my other aftermarket cable.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #2,036 of 5,796
Anyone using Jotunheim amp for the Eflow? Any difference using SE or balance out with DUM cable? Impression?

I thought of ordering the DUM xlr balance cable with it and buy a headthrone zoetic adapter from Norne for my other aftermarket cable.

Sounds fantastic through Jodie balanced. I have not tried single ended.

Sep 10, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #2,037 of 5,796
Sounds fantastic through Jodie balanced. I have not tried single ended.

But is your dac balance too? Can i use mimby dac connected to jodie and use balance out from jodie?

Sep 12, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #2,038 of 5,796
Just ordered the closed flows from Richard at Audiologica (UK). Should arrive this week. I think there is 1 more available for any UK peoples. :)   (nt sure about the open flows)

I think the other UK distributors will have theirs arriving in a few weeks.

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #2,039 of 5,796
Just ordered the closed flows from Richard at Audiologica (UK). Should arrive this week. I think there is 1 more available for any UK peoples. :)   (nt sure about the open flows)

I think the other UK distributors will have theirs arriving in a few weeks.

The wait is killing me. If this vendor has them in, then I assume that those of us who ordered with stores like Razordog should be getting close.

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #2,040 of 5,796
I visited Audio Perfection in MN yesterday and they mentioned both Flow models would be in stock in 2-3 weeks. I bought a used Ether C 1.1 in the meantime (to upgrade to C Flow at a later date), so I'm looking forward to more C Flow impression when they come in stock :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back