MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 9, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #2,011 of 5,796
Any comparisons between Draug2 and Zoetic? Looking to get a nice aftermarket cable for my Ether C and I'd prefer warmth since EC already analytical to me :)

For the Ether C, I would definitely choose the Draug2.

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #2,012 of 5,796
Have anyone tried Ether Flow any version direct with the Lotoo Paw Gold?

Yes, the pairing is good. I would put that player slightly above the qp1r when paired with the Flow but I felt it was too expensive for the performance offered when compared to the qp1r. But the pairing is very good, musical, dynamic with a nice sweet tone.

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #2,015 of 5,796
I took the day off today so that I could wait for my delivery of the Flow. And with a few hours I am amazed at the difference between this and Ether C. The bass is right there and at a level that it's more noticeable and detailed. Not as profound as the TH900 but in a class of presentation splendor. Not muddy, but clear, precise and surprisingly distinguished. I'm sure after a few more days they will settle in more. I have switched between the DUM cable and the Wyres and need more time to say which performs better.
Thanks Dan and Peter for what you put into making your customers happy.

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #2,016 of 5,796
Im in the market for ether flow, anyone know whether construction of the ether flow plastic-less? No plastic?

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #2,018 of 5,796
Don't worry, just the outside blue ring is plastic nothing else.

Ok got it. Thanks- I do really like the lightness of this TOTL planars.

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #2,019 of 5,796
Im in the market for ether flow, anyone know whether construction of the ether flow plastic-less? No plastic?

Don't worry, just the outside blue ring is plastic nothing else.

The connector pieces that connect the gimbal to the headband and the headband adjustment sliders are plastic also, although they are very nicely constructed. I believe they are anyway, unless they are coated somehow.

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #2,020 of 5,796
The connector pieces that connect the gimbal to the headband and the headband adjustment sliders are plastic also, although they are very nicely constructed. I believe they are anyway, unless they are coated somehow.

Hmmm i wanted to ask because the plastic on my hifiman broke into 2 pieces:

I believe its not ABS plastic while ether is.

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #2,021 of 5,796
I thought those bits were aluminium but I could be wrong.

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #2,022 of 5,796
Hmmm i wanted to ask because the plastic on my hifiman broke into 2 pieces:

I believe its not ABS plastic while ether is.

I thought those bits were aluminium but I could be wrong.

I don't think so.  The gimbal connector definitely feels like plastic, though the headband adjustment slider actually feels like it's a very hard rubber. 

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,023 of 5,796

I don't think so.  The gimbal connector definitely feels like plastic, though the headband adjustment slider actually feels like it's a very hard rubber. 

As far as I am aware the bit circled in blue is aluminium and the bit highlighted in red is plastic.

Sep 10, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #2,025 of 5,796

As far as I am aware the bit circled in blue is aluminium and the bit highlighted in red is plastic.

Yes the bit is what im wary of,whether it will break off after a long period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back