MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 31, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #1,892 of 5,796
Anyone gotten any response to adding themselves to the upgrade list? I haven't gotten any confirmation, etc.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,894 of 5,796
Well, after all my belly aching earlier my Flows arrived today. 1 day from San Fransisco to Canada's West Coast, nice!

Obligatory crappy cel phone unboxing pics:

The box in a box.

Label noting the cable length and termination on the side.

Same old carrying case with the cable on top in the bag.

Includes certificate with serial number (covered), instructions,
magic fiber cleaning cloth, and of course the headphones.

My first thoughts were, "This is the box that held up my shipment? Lol!" Anyway, it looks nice, understated. I really like the blue accent in person. It's a deep colour and subtle. Nothing wrong with the colour now that I see it in person. I'm also VERY happy to report that the cable is VASTLY improved from the two previous (very early batch) DUM cables I received with my ETHER C's (3.5mm & XLR). The cord sheeth is wound much nicer, not as tight, which makes the new cable much more compliant.

My earpads seem symmetrical as far as cushioning is concerned and they are soft with what seems like a thicker leather. They feel nice. The sliders just say 'ETHER' on both sides, no 'Flow' text at all on the sliders (I better get a 'Flow' slider when I upgrade my ETHER C to Flow, lol). The sliders are much more stiff to slide than my ETHER C were out of the box.

I haven't listened to them at all, just unboxed them. First impressions later.

:beerchug:

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #1,895 of 5,796
Well, after all my belly aching earlier my Flows arrived today. 1 day from San Fransisco to Canada's West Coast, nice!

[Mod Edit: Quote trimmed. For the sake of phone users, please don't quote entire long posts.]

Lookin good. I'm sure MrSpeakers will hook you up with a Flow slider if you asked. I was under the impression that all Flow models were to have a Flow slider. Not to say it's a big deal!

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,896 of 5,796
Lookin good. I'm sure MrSpeakers will hook you up with a Flow slider if you asked. I was under the impression that all Flow models were to have a Flow slider. Not to say it's a big deal!

So was I. No biggie.

I also have a bit of a chemical smell from the ear pads. Going to air them out before I wear them. Smells like Armor All or something.

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,897 of 5,796
My earpads seem symmetrical as far as cushioning is concerned and they are soft with what seems like a thicker leather. They feel nice. The sliders just say 'ETHER' on both sides, no 'Flow' text at all on the sliders (I better get a 'Flow' slider when I upgrade my ETHER C to Flow, lol). The sliders are much more stiff to slide than my ETHER C were out of the box.

I caught this issue yesterday and asked everyone on the assembly team to watch for it. We had a bunch of pre-built headbands for ETHER that we used for Flow. I'm sorry one got through. I'll send you another flow slider with your upgrade.

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #1,898 of 5,796
I caught this issue yesterday and asked everyone on the assembly team to watch for it. We had a bunch of pre-built headbands for ETHER that we used for Flow. I'm sorry one got through. I'll send you another flow slider with your upgrade.

Sweet! Thanks Peter! Like I said earlier, MrSpeakers service is impeccable.

Now, about that upgrade.... :wink_face:

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #1,899 of 5,796
Sweet! Thanks Peter! Like I said earlier, MrSpeakers service is impeccable.

Now, about that upgrade....
wink_face.gif

Absolutely, and with a personal touch like no other manufacturer I've worked with.

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,900 of 5,796

how much you think it will cost?
based on austpost:

Availability and price

You can buy Extra Cover# with all services except Registered Post International, which comes with $100 compensation for loss or damage included.
Cover costs $9.60 for the first $100 of your item's specified value, plus $2.50 for each additional $100 (or part thereof).

If I'm not mistaken:
2500 insured means
9.6 + 2.5 x (2400/100) = 69.6 AUD

and once again on the way back from US to AU?

Don't be afraid to ask at the post office, tell them replacing this these puppies would cost you 2.5k and you need them insured to cover that amount just incase, they should be able to help you out and tell you exactly what things cost.
and don't feel bad about telling them what it's worth the people who work the counter don't also work in the sorting plants

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #1,901 of 5,796

Don't be afraid to ask at the post office, tell them replacing this these puppies would cost you 2.5k and you need them insured to cover that amount just incase, they should be able to help you out and tell you exactly what things cost.
and don't feel bad about telling them what it's worth the people who work the counter don't also work in the sorting plants

Hi man, thx.
I'm planning to go to the post office today to ask around during lunchbreak.
I've also got  some clarification and recommendation from @MrSpeakersPeter

@atsq17
Thx for the pm mate, I'll check them out. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #1,903 of 5,796

Could you please clarify whether it should be one side says "Ether" and the other side says "Flow"? Or they both should say "Flow"?

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #1,905 of 5,796
Any more comparisons on the Opens pre/post Flow? The recent talk has been all C. I'm debating an upgrade, but am still really happy with my O 1.1s.

I had the open 1.1, closed 1.1. Prefered the open 1.1. Wife prefered the closed 1.1.

Both of us love the Flow. It keeps all the strengths of the Ether but adds low bass and extra clarity and a touch more soundstage. 

Highly recommended upgrade. I didn't upgrade. I was too impatient so I sold my Opens and C at a heavy loss to buy a Flow (open). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back