MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Sep 1, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #1,906 of 5,796

I had the open 1.1, closed 1.1. Prefered the open 1.1. Wife prefered the closed 1.1.

Both of us love the Flow. It keeps all the strengths of the Ether but adds low bass and extra clarity and a touch more soundstage. 

Highly recommended upgrade. I didn't upgrade. I was too impatient so I sold my Opens and C at a heavy loss to buy a Flow (open). 

Thanks for the impressions, really helpful.

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #1,909 of 5,796
Ultra clarity: Yes.
Forward mid-range: No.

The most mid-forward planars I know of are the Audeze LCD-XC. I only have a very old pair and the drivers have changed quite a bit since then. 

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,910 of 5,796
Has Dan or Peter said anything about how many hours of break in a new set of Flows need?

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #1,912 of 5,796
Has Dan or Peter said anything about how many hours of break in a new set of Flows need?

I have been listening to it straight out of the box (I do leave it running for break in when I am not using them). 

I has been enjoyable from minute 1. If it gets even better then this, I'm going to be very happy about that.  

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #1,913 of 5,796

I have been listening to it straight out of the box (I do leave it running for break in when I am not using them). 

I has been enjoyable from minute 1. If it gets even better then this, I'm going to be very happy about that.  

My C Flows improved steadily from brand new to ~150 hours, then pretty much stabilized.

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #1,915 of 5,796
Out of the box, for me, the ETHER Flow sounded subdued, restrained. Only twenty hours in and they opened up quite a bit.

Also, interesting that they attenuate outside noise much more than the Utopia and LCD-2. I wonder what sort of damping material is in there.

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #1,917 of 5,796
Out of the box, for me, the ETHER Flow sounded subdued, restrained. Only twenty hours in and they opened up quite a bit.

Also, interesting that they attenuate outside noise much more than the Utopia and LCD-2. I wonder what sort of damping material is in there.

Just out of curiosity, how much sound leakage do you experience with them? I know that can differ between different makes/models of open back headphones.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #1,919 of 5,796
There is alot of sound leakage from the Open Flows.. If you work in a cubical farm, these will probably not work out for you..

My future office has a few cubicles, but thankfully those who work in the building love music. It'll be nice to be able to listen to open headphones again for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back