MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 31, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #1,876 of 5,796
Any other things you are finding out that's going through QA?
:ph34r:

A very good question. Always stressful for early adopters with a new release. Waiting for the 'box men' I hope that has given plenty of time to test the first batches.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,878 of 5,796
A very good question. Always stressful for early adopters with a new release. Waiting for the 'box men' I hope that has given plenty of time to test the first batches.

I hit the jackpot with that. Ordered the C 1.0 when it just went into full production. I had black adhesives in many places around the cups. One smooth pad and one wrinkley pad and Dan says the only person to have a intermitent problem. I didn't care about the other two but had to send it back for the intermitent issue. Pretty sure someone forgot to solder a wire somewhere. Dan took care of it himself and had it next day back.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,879 of 5,796
I hit the jackpot with that. Ordered the C 1.0 when it just went into full production. I had black adhesives in many places around the cups. One smooth pad and one wrinkley pad and Dan says the only person to have a intermitent problem. I didn't care about the other two but had to send it back for the intermitent issue. Pretty sure someone forgot to solder a wire somewhere. Dan took care of it himself and had it next day back.

Without a doubt, I find MrSpeakers service impeccable. You really had hit the QC 'jackpot' though!

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #1,880 of 5,796
Without a doubt, I find MrSpeakers service impeccable. You really had hit the QC 'jackpot' though!

Not that I'm proud or anything but story of my life.  Never won anything, ALWAYS in the wrong line at the supermarket.  I'm that guy. 
frown.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,881 of 5,796

Not that I'm proud or anything but story of my life.  Never won anything, ALWAYS in the wrong line at the supermarket.  I'm that guy. 
frown.gif

You provide a valuable service to the rest of us, never forget that. Your sacrifice may be overlooked by many but we salute you.

In other news, today is one of many mixed emotions for me. Ever since I entered this dark hobby we call audioholism in 2009 I lived by the belief I'd worked my way up to a pair of HD800's and then I could stop. The pinnacle would be reached and my bank account could live in peace. After only a few hours with the Flows I'm thoroughly impressed and though I'm definitely keeping the HD800 around for certain things I think I have a new favorite headphone.

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #1,883 of 5,796

All the Ethers have been pretty solid on build quality. Heck, pretty solid is an understatement as the Ether has some of the best build quality in business. The Flow parts and newer better pads are the only changes. I don't look for QC and build quality to be any different here. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,884 of 5,796
I concur that I like these pads even better than the pads from Ether and Ether C which were already excellent. 

Still enjoying how they sound. I'm a happy customer and the headphones aren't even burnt in yet. I won't switch out amps, DACs for comparison until 1-2 weeks of burn in is completed. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #1,886 of 5,796
  Hi Guys,

when shipping headphones to mrspeakers from another country, does an insurance really necessary?
the insurance itself is quite expensive from my local post office(in the $100+).

I'm in Australia.

I would strongly suggest getting insurance, if in transit something heavier falls on your box or someone drops it, sometimes packages go 'missing' code for stolen by courier or mail handlers, if you don't insure you run the risk of losing 2.5k

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #1,887 of 5,796

I would strongly suggest getting insurance, if in transit something heavier falls on your box or someone drops it, sometimes packages go 'missing' code for stolen by courier or mail handlers, if you don't insure you run the risk of losing 2.5k

how much you think it will cost?
based on austpost:

Availability and price

You can buy Extra Cover# with all services except Registered Post International, which comes with $100 compensation for loss or damage included.
Cover costs $9.60 for the first $100 of your item's specified value, plus $2.50 for each additional $100 (or part thereof).

If I'm not mistaken:
2500 insured means
9.6 + 2.5 x (2400/100) = 69.6 AUD

and once again on the way back from US to AU?

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #1,889 of 5,796
Or you could ask someone random at the airport to post it when he lands....
I could do it....:sunglasses:

haha, I can't tell if you are serious or not.

I contacted Dan a few days ago, no reply yet. Just found out that he is on vacation or something, I pmed @MrSpeakersPeter earlier, but he is offline atm.

I just wanna make sure I understand the process in detail correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back