MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Jul 14, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #33 of 5,796
Interesting. ETHER has now become my top choice of end-game headphone. Looking forward to read more review.

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #39 of 5,796
MattTCG brought the Flow over yesterday and I am mightily impressed by the sound. On my ECP Dac + Headamp GS-1 (dynalo +) module, I prefer them over both the hifiman HEK and Senn HD-800. I found them to be very fast, dynamics, and immensely enjoyable with a good soundstage. I am usually not easily impressed by newer headphones, but I have to say this one got my serious attention. I actually wish I can own one right now. Still, I think that the gap between the three phones maybe closer on my home balanced setup consisting of the yggy + susy dynahi / ECP audio DSHA-0. On the GS-1, the Ether Flow was simply a better sounding headphones to my ears by noticeably margin. I usually find the HD800 to scale better than most headphone hence the comment on my home balanced setup.

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #41 of 5,796
How's the bass on Ether C (or Ether, but more interested on the C) compared to HEK and HD800S?  I like the Ether C smooth midrange and treble but the lack of bass really makes it a boring headphones for me.  I am here hoping the Flow will resolve this.  Definitely looking forward to demoing this some time in the future.

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #42 of 5,796
  Interesting but I think I'll hold out for the ETHER-X FLOW 1.3S MKII

I've heard that if you get a good copy, the MKI is better than the MKII.  
tongue.gif

Seriously though, there will always be better headphones coming out from every company out there.  As with choosing your next mobile phone or TV, waiting is a fool's game.  When you need a new one, you get the best for your needs that's available now.  

More importantly, implying that companies shouldn't be putting out new products does the entire community here a disservice.  What's not to like about new headphones that sound better than the old ones?  Even if you find them too expensive, it generally means that the cheaper headphones will get better too.  Case in point, the Ether 1.1 is now effectively $150 cheaper.

Just some general food for thought.

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #43 of 5,796
I think MrSpeakers should provide upgrade program for those Non-Flow owners, this look like it's very upgradeable.

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #45 of 5,796
This is directed at Jude, Stillhart, Warren and anybody else that has heard the Ether Flow:

You can have only one headphone: Ether Flow or Hifiman HE-1000 :D

These are my options for an upgrade to TOTL gear so your opinions would be helpful. (but you can have just one!)

thanks guys!

For me, the Ether Flow for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back