MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 16, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #1,276 of 5,796
Anyway, I'll leave them going all night, but even brand new they are already a big improvement over the Alpha Primes.

Very happy to hear this. Sounds like what I am looking for.

How would you compare their isolation? Say, if you put them on your thigh. Which leaks more sound, or are they equal~ish?

Thanx.

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,277 of 5,796
Very happy to hear this. Sounds like that I am looking for.

How would you compare their isolation? Say, if you put them on your thigh. Which leaks more sound, or are they equal~ish?

On a quick test, comparable.

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #1,278 of 5,796
  Hi everyone. I'm new to high-end headphone world and also to head-fi. Had phones Like
hd 650 and fidelio x2, but sent both back and stuck to my T50rp MK3s because of clarity, detail and neutrality.
but now I need something with more Bass, soundstage and Detail. hence the asking for help...
I'm really indecisive between PM-1 and Ether Flows and don't have the means to audition both at the same time.
I know that many would immideately say Ether Flows
BUT...
Would anyone be so kind to give me a comparison?
please if anyone have heard or owns both give me some insight about the Bass response, Details and espically brightness of both, ((I'm really treble sensetive, BTW))
Thanks

Anyone Please???

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #1,279 of 5,796
At the SF meet, the Ether Flow's treble sounded a bit dull to me, but with the same pair here now I don't feel that at all. That makes it either meet impression weirdness or that they needed more hours on them. However, my impressions out of the Mojo at the SF were similar to what other people have written above -- I felt the Flows needed more power, but they were louder at the same volume from the Studio Six. That possibly makes it a gear synergy thing I reckon.

So I'm not one of the "Mojo can do no wrong" types, I cite a lack of power for certain phones as a con for the mojo in my review (see my sig)

However, the mojo to me (and many others) powers the Ether, Ether C and Ether Flow with great results. The Ether C Flow has the same driver as the Ether Flow to my knowledge, so the only difference is the cup and any dampening used. Is the dampening that drastically different on the Ether C Flow that it needs the extra power? A number of people had the same impression at the Chicago meet and I know one of the used the liquid carbon, didn't see what anyone else was plugging into.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #1,280 of 5,796

Anyone Please???

I'm afraid you might have to wait a little while to get a response.  I don't think very many of the Ether Flows (or Flow C's) are out in public yet...officially, they aren't even supposed to ship until around 22 August. Unfortunately, with the high demand for the headphones, it may take a while to get into the hands of someone that has a PM-1 that can offer a comparison.

Don't stop asking for information...just don't get discouraged.  Someone will assist you as soon as they can.
Cheers and Welcome to Head-Fi!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 16, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #1,281 of 5,796
Aug 16, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #1,282 of 5,796
For those of you who've heard the Ether Flow, hows the treble compared to the Ether? is it much brighter? or just more refined, or different in some way? I have the Ether Open and like them for the most part, but find the treble can be a bit bright - but this seems to be only with certain recordings. so i can't tell if it's because of the headphone or the recording. i will say that with the good recordings, the Ether can sound fantastic. im thinking about upgrading to the Flow, not completely sure though. Like to hear a sample before purchase, hopefully some dealer around the east coast will have a pair to auditon sometime soon. 

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,284 of 5,796
thanks for the answer. I was getting a bit disappointed.
But have you heard both PM-1s and normal Ethers?
I get discouraged as soon as I ask people about PM-1s...

I have not heard the PM-1's. I had the Ether C until a couple of days ago. I am waiting on the Flow C. The Ether C had a very nice sound but was too lean in the bass for my taste. I don't like EQ'ing my music so I am switching to the Ether Flow C.
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #1,285 of 5,796
I have not heard the PM-1's. I had the Ether C until a couple of days ago. I am waiting on the Flow C. The Ether C had a very nice sound but was too lean in the bass for my taste. I don't like EQ'ing my music so I am switching to the Ether Flow C.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Lucky you
smily_headphones1.gif
. In Germany It's very difficult to get your hand on MRspeakers products.
And to buy them from Mrspeakers directly means paying a lot of tax.
the only shop that's offering them for pre-order is in UK and for the Flows is 1750 pounds
mad.gif

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #1,286 of 5,796
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Did you hear the Flow C you getting it blindly?

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,289 of 5,796
Lucky you:) . In Germany It's very difficult to get your hand on MRspeakers products.
And to buy them from Mrspeakers directly means paying a lot of tax.
the only shop that's offering them for pre-order is in UK and for the Flows is 1750 pounds:mad:

Hey there, fellow German...
Projekt Akustik in Bad Schwartau got the Ether Flow up for pre order... Have to say that I can't find the Flow C on the page...

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back