MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 9, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,036 of 5,796

I've also been debating a switch, actually, but, in my case, going the other way...I'd prefer to keep my open, because I'm not too keen on the idea of closed headphones when I'm working home alone during the day, but, I've had my wife working home as well a little more frequently these past few months, and she tends to find the open to be a bit distracting if I'm listening while we're both working.  Not sure which way to go as of yet.  

Yeah, I my last pair of headphones (LCD-X) were open and they seemed to work out fine for me at the time.. I do enjoy having closed cans as I am able to spend more time with them without distraction from the family or co-workers. 

Aug 9, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #1,037 of 5,796
It sounds to me like you guys need one of each 
tongue_smile.gif

Edit: Emote

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,039 of 5,796

No argument from me at all!  Are you volunteering to explain this to the Mrs. for me? 
biggrin.gif

Edit: Tretneo, what are you currently using for Roon in your office set-up?

Haha, I find that if I time things just right so she gets something she really wants around the same time I've got my eye on something I want, these things go over much better w/ my own Mrs. anyway 
smily_headphones1.gif
 YMMV.

So I have the Roon Server running on Ubuntu Server via a linux VM in my lab (aka my garage) and Roon Bridge running on an Asus Chromebox (Intel NUC essentially) on Ubuntu Server, quite literally under my desk. See pic below:

Note: The wires you see running under there are the power and USB connection for my Mojo. It's hard to tell in this image but there's about an inch separation (vertical) between the power and usb lines where they cross over.

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #1,041 of 5,796
  So are the "Flows" already available? (i.e. not the upgrades)

Not sure about current stock but yes, I received mine last Thursday.

Note: The retail box isn't ready yet so I opted to receive mine now (just the hard case, cable and headphones) and I'll (probably) pay for shipping at a later date to get the retail box.

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #1,042 of 5,796
Flows have begun shipping to those who don't want to wait for the retail box.  Retail boxes are running a few days late, so we expect to ship on or before Aug 21.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 9, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #1,044 of 5,796

Not sure about current stock but yes, I received mine last Thursday.

Note: The retail box isn't ready yet so I opted to receive mine now (just the hard case, cable and headphones) and I'll (probably) pay for shipping at a later date to get the retail box.

Flows have begun shipping to those who don't want to wait for the retail box.  Retail boxes are running a few days late, so we expect to ship on or before Aug 21.  

Aaahhh that's what it was! Was a bit confused.

Is there waiting time for this one? (i.e. did you sell a first batch and producing more?)
Or are they readily available?
I've jumped a few of your releases but figured I'd look into this one soon-ish.

Thanks.

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #1,046 of 5,796

I'm sure glad I did :)

:)

You went for "open back" I see.
I'm looking the other way... closed-back.
Need to upgrade the office rig though. These past months I have "regressed" and I'm even using an old Nokia as my mp3 player! LOL!

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,047 of 5,796

The pads are a little stiffer than those on my Ether C 1.1 however that may just be because they are new. They are comfortable and of course very similar in shape, design, etc. The left pad (on mine) will probably need to be replaced (I'll reach out MrSpeakers later tonight to discuss) as it seems to be significantly more "worn" and has less "fill" than the right. If they were both that way I probably wouldn't have a problem with it but they are quite different. Anyway, that's a minor gripe and I'm sure it'll get resolved.

Update: MrSpeakers is sending me a new pad pair and has notified their QC team to be on the lookout for this to ensure matched pads go out to customers.

See this post for some initial thoughts. Quite happy thus far!

Very happy to report that this has been resolved. I received replacement pads today (Thank you again @MrSpeakersPeter!) and all is well. Thanks again!

Aug 9, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #1,048 of 5,796

:)

You went for "open back" I see.
I'm looking the other way... closed-back.
Need to upgrade the office rig though. These past months I have "regressed" and I'm even using an old Nokia as my mp3 player! LOL!

Oh man, yeah I'd say you're due for some goodies. Yeah, loving the open Flows but I'll still be sending in my Ether C 1.1 (hopefully soon) for an upgrade. Looking forward to it, hope it works out for you as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back