MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Mar 28, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #5,631 of 5,796
I have 4,4mm jack on Claire HPC Mk2 from ForzaAudioWorks (Poland company), really nice cable, much more flexible than stock MrSpeakers one. (Sorry, Dan Clark Audio now)
Thank you @haweckO for your experience

When I am in Forza AudioWorks I feel a little lost because of the 8 different categories of cable to pair with my EFO and I don't know which is the minimum category (price) to start with and if upper ones (in price) make the difference.
Finally, I have decided to buy one of these cables but with 3.5mm jack as up today I will paring EFO in the ring
HiBy R5 -> Chord Mojo -> 3.5mm EFO
and find an IEM with 4.4mm to pair directly to HiBy balanced output when walking, traveling (Mojo left at home)

So, which cables of Forza AudioWorks do you (or anyone of head-fi.org) recommend to me with mentioned better flexibility and better SQ/musicality than stock ones with 3.5mm jack. If there is another brand in same price range don't hesitate to telling me.

Thanks in advance

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #5,632 of 5,796
Dan Clark Audio please release adaptor plate for the new Ether 2 earpads, I've (and also other guys) been waiting for it since December 2019 (maybe longer, I don't remember).
I really want to try those earpads with my Ether C Flow v1.1.
Thanks
:)

We ran into a complication we didn't anticipate which was that a large number of early production units had a slightly different pad mounting configuration than the later models and we don't think it's easy for a user to self-modify, which means for safety and consistency we'd have to return the headphones to the factory or a distributor internationally. Other priorities then arose, and I let this slide. If there's interest maybe I'll put a survey monkey up to see how much interest there is if there's service involved.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 27, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #5,638 of 5,796
What are the differences in sound in angled pads vs flat pads on the ether c flow 1.1?

The difference would be very interesting because I also need new pads and the angled pads for the Ether Flow 1.1 (non C) are just sold out at Dan's.

Or which new pads i must order, when i update my Ether Flow 1.0 to 1.1?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #5,639 of 5,796
What are the differences in sound in angled pads vs flat pads on the ether c flow 1.1?

Angled gives a bit more depth to the back of the ear. Sonically the angled increase energy around 4-5K by a couple of dB relative to the flat for some users, this is pretty ear dependent and which sounds better is as far as I can tell totally random based on users' preferences. I prefer the angled myself but it's easy to go back and forth to choose what works best for you.

The difference would be very interesting because I also need new pads and the angled pads for the Ether Flow 1.1 (non C) are just sold out at Dan's.

Or which new pads i must order, when i update my Ether Flow 1.0 to 1.1?

The ETHER Flow already had angled pads, just re-order those. Nothing has changed.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 28, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #5,640 of 5,796
The ETHER Flow already had angled pads, just re-order those. Nothing has changed.

Now I'm confused!

The description of the upgrade to Ether Flow 1.1 says that new pads are recommended for a little more bass.

„If your headphone was purchased prior to July 1, 2017 new ETHER Ear Pads are recommended to attain maximum bass.“

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back