MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Apr 29, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #5,641 of 5,796
Now I'm confused!

The description of the upgrade to Ether Flow 1.1 says that new pads are recommended for a little more bass.

„If your headphone was purchased prior to July 1, 2017 new ETHER Ear Pads are recommended to attain maximum bass.“

Yeah, forgot about that. The very first ETHER pads used a softer foam that absorbed some bass energy. We stopped using that foam when 1.1 came out. So yes, if your pads are original ETHER or ETHER Flow 1.0 then you should get a bit more bass.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 29, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #5,643 of 5,796
We are currently low on regular ETHER angled ear pads and have reserved what we have for new headphones, I expect new pads in 2-3 weeks.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 4, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #5,646 of 5,796
Never mind. Just saw an answer to my question: 2-3 week wait for the currently sold out Ether Flow angled pads.

yes, sorry, that's the one pad we're critically low on stock.

May 19, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #5,647 of 5,796
May 20, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #5,649 of 5,796
Any updates on the new adhesive pad mounting plate for Ether?!?!

I posted a while back that due to minor changes we made for production purposes not all headphones have the exact same construction, and a lot of older ETHERs would likely require work to be done at the factory to adapt them, while newer units could be upgraded by the user. For this reason we haven't moved forward, it's logistically complex and we couldn't come up with a solution to avoid international shipping expenses that would make it prohibitive for too many people. So it's still in the "we'd like to but have not solved the logistics" phase.

May 22, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #5,651 of 5,796
Thank you @haweckO for your experience

When I am in Forza AudioWorks I feel a little lost because of the 8 different categories of cable to pair with my EFO and I don't know which is the minimum category (price) to start with and if upper ones (in price) make the difference.
Finally, I have decided to buy one of these cables but with 3.5mm jack as up today I will paring EFO in the ring
HiBy R5 -> Chord Mojo -> 3.5mm EFO
and find an IEM with 4.4mm to pair directly to HiBy balanced output when walking, traveling (Mojo left at home)

So, which cables of Forza AudioWorks do you (or anyone of head-fi.org) recommend to me with mentioned better flexibility and better SQ/musicality than stock ones with 3.5mm jack. If there is another brand in same price range don't hesitate to telling me.

Thanks in advance
Hi,
I have been using the top of the line Forza Audio Works Noir Hybrid cable for a couple of years now - firstly with Ether Flow then Ether Flow 1.1 and now with Ether 2. I prefer it to the standard original DUM and the new Vivo cable - very good though both these cables are. I find it to have higher resolution of detail and a slightly more natural balance to both the aforementioned cables. If you do go ahead and purchase it I found it to took a long time (not sure how long as I didn't keep a record) to break in. I have had the chance to compare it to the Synergistic Research headphone cable and again, very good though that cable is, it still doesn't outperform the Forza Noir hybrid IMHO.

May 29, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #5,652 of 5,796
Are the Ether Flow 1.1 earpads a bit deeper than the Aeons? My right ear I guess is a lil funny and juuuust touches the Aeon Flow inside. Was wondering if the Ether Flow 1.1 I'll get that magical headphone floating on your head feel.

And then a super subjective, impossible to answer question; How does the Ether Flow 1.1 sound with pop / rock?

May 29, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #5,653 of 5,796
Are the Ether Flow 1.1 earpads a bit deeper than the Aeons? My right ear I guess is a lil funny and juuuust touches the Aeon Flow inside. Was wondering if the Ether Flow 1.1 I'll get that magical headphone floating on your head feel.

And then a super subjective, impossible to answer question; How does the Ether Flow 1.1 sound with pop / rock?

My Ehter Flow pads (older softer one) has depth of 30mm at rear side and 25mm at front.
But if you use foam/felt filters, it gets shallower. I use two filters stacked, thus 25mm at rear side and 20mm at front.
I don't have Aeon, but maybe you can measure them?

May 29, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #5,654 of 5,796
yes, sorry, that's the one pad we're critically low on stock.

Yes, because I keep buying them for my HFM cans, wonderful pads, best I've tried of that form factor.

May 29, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #5,655 of 5,796

Very good. There is enough "fun" in the response, that classical isn't always served tonally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back