MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 19, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #5,059 of 5,796
I can't comment on the Ether C Flows - I have the open-backed set - and they sound great out of the balanced jack on the WM1A with high gain. To my ears, it doesn't quite sound as good as my desktop setup, but probably gets about 80-85% of the way there.

Thankyou also if possible can you elaborate on what it loses out in comparison because in wondering if the ether c flow would be good for portable use with the wm1a or if there are better daps for it

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #5,060 of 5,796
Thankyou also if possible can you elaborate on what it loses out in comparison because in wondering if the ether c flow would be good for portable use with the wm1a or if there are better daps for it
I like my ECF with iBasso DX200 + Amp8 a lot. I don't have wm1a to compare but some people on DX200 thread say that DX200+Amp8 sounds better than WM1A / is comparable to WM1Z.

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #5,063 of 5,796
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 11, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #5,065 of 5,796
Hi, i want to share my little final '' mod ''

This mod worth for the people who think his Efo have a '' edge '' on treble and at the same time want a more '' aggressive '' presentation
The first step is cut a circular toilet paper, really thin ( if you have a double sheet toilet paper, don't separate it... do it after. )
wTdXMn0.jpg

The 2nd step is cut the circular black line inside and after do some holes ( black holes in the image ), you need a scissors :), now if you finished the little job now you can separate it, both are equal!

Now do you need put it between the foam and black belt. If you have these foam and black belt united, just put the toilet paper above

oZgmZY6.jpg

That's all!, is very cheap and easy to do ... and remove if you don't like it ! :)
I talked with a people who have that treble problem like me, is weird because treble is sweet but it have that edge in my case and i apparently a few people too, this fix the problem in my case without to ruin the presentation.

Best regards

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #5,067 of 5,796
Been working. Stay tuned. :)

Hi Dan,

Would definitely be interested in this as well as a tuning pack for EFO/EFC fitted with the E-stat pads to minimize the sharp highs but retain the wide sound stage.

Sep 27, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #5,068 of 5,796
Upgrades from Ether/Ether C to Ether Flow/Ether C Flow will only be available until end of August.

Gosh, I'm about to upgrade and see this news .. I have been trying to get audition for the ether flow open in my country in Indonesia before pulling the trigger, but the demo unit still not yet available with your appointed distributor here .. So this mean, I can not upgrade my ether anymore after August? Please.. please say this is not trueeee

Sep 27, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #5,069 of 5,796
Upgrades from Ether/Ether C to Ether Flow/Ether C Flow will only be available until end of August.

Gosh, I'm about to upgrade and see this news .. I have been trying to get audition for the ether flow open in my country in Indonesia before pulling the trigger, but the demo unit still not yet available with your appointed distributor here .. So this mean, I can not upgrade my ether anymore after August? Please.. please say this is not trueeee

Sep 27, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #5,070 of 5,796

We have ended the upgrade program however we'd be happy to help you out, email our info address.

Also, watch this space for something fun!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back