MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 23, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #1,546 of 5,796

You mentioned the bass hits harder than the LCD-X?  That's amazing.  I've been listening to the Inception Sountrack with the LCD-X and the bass makes it downright emotive.

blink.gif

That'd be contrary to other impressions I've heard. Even Tyll said the Ether's bass doesn't hit as hard as the Elears, and I know personally the X's hit way harder than the Elears.

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #1,547 of 5,796
:blink:

That'd be contrary to other impressions I've heard. Even Tyll said the Ether's bass doesn't hit as hard as the Elears, and I know personally the X's hit way harder than the Elears.

1.. IMHO the Elears do not have more bass than the Ethers.. I have heard both back to back.

2. I believe you are over exaggerating the bass response of the LCD-X. I owned the LCD-X for about 4 months and while it had a great bass response I have heard many headphones that hit harder... For example the Oppo PM-3 had more bass than the LCD-X IMHO.

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #1,548 of 5,796
For those of you who can't decide which Ether to get: Open vs Closed. Ask yourself this

Would you get info more trouble for annoying your wife with an open back Ether flow? Or, by ignoring her with the closed back when she's calling you?

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #1,550 of 5,796
For those of you who can't decide which Ether to get: Open vs Closed. Ask yourself this

Would you get info more trouble for annoying your wife with an open back Ether flow? Or, by ignoring her with the closed back when she's calling you?

I don't have a wife yet, so both open and closed backed are fine for me LOL!

nice point though haha

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,556 of 5,796
Wish I'd been able to go to the London Show, perhaps next year. Just queued up Hay Now, Tidal HiFi, Fiio X7/Amp3>Audioquest 3.5 to RCA Splitter>Vampire Wire Cable>iFi Pro iCan/Tube Mode/9 dB Gain, very nice bass, not bloody or overbearing in the least. What were you using as a source/amp at the show?

Hope this helps. Cheers

Geat thanks for your thoughts. it was from the cavalli liquid tungsten tube prototype. Athough i wud like to try with mojo and see how they fair. Still unsure about open vs closed. I wonder if anywhere in the uk wud have demos of both when they come here...

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #1,557 of 5,796
Yep reccieved mine about 30 min ago, in the same manor. took a pic lol has to :frowning2:

wow nice!
... so where is the bench you left it?
:)

I did ask MrSpeakersPeter :veryevil:  if we could request the box later when they were available and he said it shouldn't be a problem.
Just let the demand subside a bit.  Of course you'd have to cover postage but a box containing an empty box shouldn't be too heavy to cost a lot to ship.
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Smart move...
If your lucky they send you the box with another Flow inside...
:p

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,560 of 5,796

what genres have you tried man?

I listen to metal mostly, so would like to hear as many impressions as I can about ETHER Flow playing Metal.

thx in advance!

Humm I am kinda all over the place...

NIN, Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, Green Day, Fleetwood Mac, Diana Krall, Amber Rubarth, Eric Clapton, Eagles.....

So far they sound amazing on everything I have tried.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back