MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Aug 23, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #1,561 of 5,796
Is the bass of open flow more extended than the C 1.1?

Humm I am kinda all over the place...

NIN, Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, Green Day, Fleetwood Mac, Diana Krall, Amber Rubarth, Eric Clapton, Eagles.....

So far they sound amazing on everything I have tried.  

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,562 of 5,796
Is the bass of open flow more extended than the C 1.1?

The C 1.1 and Flow are two very different headphones… The short answer is, yes the Flow extends as deep as the C and does so better… I still have a C sitting right here, which I returned to stock.. Do you have any songs you would like me to confirm that with? 

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,563 of 5,796
1.. IMHO the Elears do not have more bass than the Ethers.. I have heard both back to back.

2. I believe you are over exaggerating the bass response of the LCD-X. I owned the LCD-X for about 4 months and while it had a great bass response I have heard many headphones that hit harder... For example the Oppo PM-3 had more bass than the LCD-X IMHO.

Well, on #2, that wasn't my experience. I owned the PM-3 and LCD-Xs -- I still have the LCD-Xs (and Ether-C) and I'm hoping the Ether Flows are a more comfortable alternative with LCD-X quality bass, but for now I'm sticking to my LCD-Xs until I can try some Ether Flows.

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #1,564 of 5,796

Well, on #2, that wasn't my experience. I owned the PM-3 and LCD-Xs -- I still have the LCD-Xs (and Ether-C) and I'm hoping the Ether Flows are a more comfortable alternative with LCD-X quality bass, but for now I'm sticking to my LCD-Xs until I can try some Ether Flows.

Well there are some well know variation issues with the Audeze line.. Truth be told we could very well both be right...

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,565 of 5,796
wow nice!
... so where is the bench you left it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Smart move...
If your lucky they send you the box with another Flow inside...
:p

One could only hope...
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #1,566 of 5,796

Well there are some well know variation issues with the Audeze line.. Truth be told we could very well both be right...

Yes, you are likely right. Sorry didn't mean to come across as critical -- we all hear different things and as you say Audeze likely change from version to version.

Key thing I'm hoping is that the Flows give me LCD-X levels of bass composure while keeping the mid/upper clarity I get with my Ether-C (1.1).

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #1,567 of 5,796

I'll concede to the variance, but I owned the PM-3 and don't recall the bass even coming close to the LCD-X.

Any way, back on topic. I want some Flows NOW! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,569 of 5,796
I'll concede to the variance, but I owned the PM-3 and don't recall the bass even coming close to the LCD-X.

Any way, back on topic. I want some Flows NOW! :D  

I can attest to this as well having owned a pm-3. On the lcd-X it hits so low and hard but doesn't bleed into the rest. Sometimes I forget how great the bass is until the right track comes on. My Flows are on order and I'm just hoping the bass is closer to the lcd-X than the pm-3s.

Can anyone compare the soundstage of the flows to the lcd-X?

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #1,571 of 5,796
I can attest to this as well having owned a pm-3. On the lcd-X it hits so low and hard but doesn't bleed into the rest. Sometimes I forget how great the bass is until the right track comes on. My Flows are on order and I'm just hoping the bass is closer to the lcd-X than the pm-3s.

Can anyone compare the soundstage of the flows to the lcd-X?

So after the third person brought up the PM3, I went back to check my notes and direct comparison over here while I owned both headphones.. http://www.head-fi.org/t/756828/oppo-pm-3-the-portable-planar-impressions/4125#post_12524386

Bass
The Oppo’s bass is nice clean and punchy.. While the X’s bass is not quite as punchy, it’s just thicker and more layered with more texture. The sub bass on the X’s is much more present as well.

Maybe its just been a while... But the LCD-X's bass never came off as bomb-bastic to me, maybe it was my set but even when I took it to meets it's bass never stood out when compared to other headphones. 

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #1,573 of 5,796
Something came in today.  Thought there were going to be issues because the (plain cardboard) box it was in looked like it was used for goal-kicking practice but everything inside was fine.  For those getting the Flow C, if you have anything that looks like glue residue on the earcups, don't worry, it will come off.  As far as contents, the tuning pad kit is not included (and not needed) but I did get the Certificate of Authenticity and a microfiber Cleaning Cloth.  Finally, the "intellectually challenged" (can't say DUM anymore, can we) cable seems even better quality than the one I purchased for my old Ether C's.  However, I'll probably still order an aftermarket cable.

Oh yeah, the sound... I plugged it cold into my QP1R with the intention of making sure the channels worked fine.  An hour later, I still didn't want to take it off.  It's not broken in by any means (like I said, an hour), but there is a much better low end presence (didn't say slam or impact) that fills the music out!  Well, one hour down...199 to go...
wink_face.gif

For your viewing pleasure:

The Human Adventure is just beginning...

Cheers and All the Best!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back