MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
May 21, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #4,052 of 4,813
Yeah sorry no sympathy here mate. When my Audeze LCD-3s died (that's died, not just some headband problem- they actually stopped working) it took over a month to get them back and they came back STILL defective. All told I was without them for 2 months and had to pay shipping costs myself. This is service for a $2000 dollar headphone too, so I'd say Mr. Speakers is doing great by comparison.

Ouch. that's horrible.​

imo, Audeze should have just sent you a new pair of headphones. Same with the other person who waited 3+ weeks to have faulty drivers replaced.

Back on topic, at least my Ether-Cs will be arriving on the same day as my new Schiit! (Gumby and Mjolnir 2)

May 21, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #4,053 of 4,813
  They provided me with a FedEx ground label and I shipped them out the next day

No one pays for warranty return shipping. Between that and 3 day turn around I think you have been served very well. 

May 21, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #4,054 of 4,813
Expectations and perspective. I can fully understand being anxious and disappointed by a slight delay in shipping, but really it's only a minor inconvenience and in one week after you receive them I bet you'll forget the whole thing took a few extra days. Relax, it's a minor delay that's cost you nothing extra.

I've had a few pieces of gear shipped to the wrong address, not shipped on time, my unit sold to another customer before being shipped, and one shipping incident that delayed my delivery over the holidays by a month and a half. All from reputable retail businesses and companies. Even in the last case I didn't publicly slam the company specifically. Schiit happens man. Sorry, it just seems like this...

At the end of the day I hope you don't let your expectations ruin your enjoyment of the ETHER C. You obviously enjoy them and your eagerness to have them back is a credit to MrSpeakers making a fine headphone you seem to not want to live without.

May 21, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #4,055 of 4,813
I've spent enough time  perusing the interwebs this afternoon, to warrant posting in this thread. I've suddenly found myself interested in the C's...but I'm not ready to sub the thread yet. I'm just going to lurk from a close distance...lol

May 21, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #4,056 of 4,813
  I've spent enough time  perusing the interwebs this afternoon, to warrant posting in this thread. I've suddenly found myself interested in the C's...but I'm not ready to sub the thread yet. I'm just going to lurk from a close distance...lol

You won't be able to hear anything. The Ether C headphones isolate pretty well :)

Wellcome. Most of us here really like the Ether C, although a few have been dissatisfied. I would say 1-3% don't like 'em, and 97-99% really love em. No middle ground. They are very versatile with music genres, and really scale well with better equipment. They come with some simple tuning pads that give you many options to tweak the sound; basically you can reduce treble a little or a lot and thus adjust the bass/treble balance. Very cool.

May 21, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #4,057 of 4,813

You won't be able to hear anything. The Ether C headphones isolate pretty well :)

Wellcome. Most of us here really like the Ether C, although a few have been dissatisfied. I would say 1-3% don't like 'em, and 97-99% really love em. No middle ground. They are very versatile with music genres, and really scale well with better equipment. They come with some simple tuning pads that give you many options to tweak the sound; basically you can reduce treble a little or a lot and thus adjust the bass/treble balance. Very cool.

To be fair, people don't tend to hang out in threads for headphones they don't like.  I don't think this thread is a very representative sample of the whole of Head-fi when it comes to people who do or don't like the Ether C.

Also:

May 21, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #4,058 of 4,813
I'm tossing the idea around in my head about getting a pair of full size HP's. These are on the short list.

May 21, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #4,059 of 4,813
I'm tossing the idea around in my head about getting a pair of full size HP's. These are on the short list.

They're a solid choice and they pair well with the QP1R.  If you're looking for something closed-back, I don't think you can do better than the Ether C.

May 21, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #4,060 of 4,813
They're a solid choice and they pair well with the QP1R.  If you're looking for something closed-back, I don't think you can do better than the Ether C.w

Yes I agree, the ETHER C is one of the best closed back headphones on the market right now. I loaned my beloved ETHER C's and. I am really jonesing for my sexy ETHER C's. Furthermore the ETHER and ETHER C sound great out of the QP1R.

May 22, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #4,061 of 4,813
​Dear folks, I've just received my Ether C's which were purchased from a retailer in Europe. When I called them before purchasing, they couldn't tell whether the set they would send me would include the 1.1 upgrade foams. I am now curious: Is there some way of telling that I have the updated Ether C? Does it say so anywhere on the box? Where?

May 22, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #4,062 of 4,813
​Dear folks, I've just received my Ether C's which were purchased from a retailer in Europe. When I called them before purchasing, they couldn't tell whether the set they would send me would include the 1.1 upgrade foams. I am now curious: Is there some way of telling that I have the updated Ether C? Does it say so anywhere on the box? Where?

Right on the box by the serial number it should say. Mine says Lot01/A1 (which was an early build. Not including the 1.1 foam). Also, shine a light in the ear cups, if you see white under the black fabric of the ear cup you have a 1.0, if all you see is black you have a 1.1. If the outer brown box hasn't been opened then I don't know if you can tell. If they were received within the last couple of months they will be 1.1.

May 22, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #4,063 of 4,813
Right on the box by the serial number it should say. Mine says Lot01/A1 (which was an early build. Not including the 1.1 foam). Also, shine a light in the ear cups, if you see white under the black fabric of the ear cup you have a 1.1, if all you see is black you have a 1.0. If the outer brown box hasn't been opened then I don't know if you can tell. If they were received within the last couple of months they will be 1.1.

I thought the 1.1 would be black under the pad (the new foam is black) and the 1.0 would be white as there are still only the two white pads there.

Mine is a 1.0, was white through the ear pad. After taking the pad off it was confirmed there was just the two white peices over the driver.

May 22, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #4,064 of 4,813
I thought the 1.1 would be black under the pad (the new foam is black) and the 1.0 would be white as there are still only the two white pads there.

Mine is a 1.0, was white through the ear pad. After taking the pad off it was confirmed there was just the two white peices over the driver.

Arrrg! My bad! Editing post...

May 22, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #4,065 of 4,813
Right on the box by the serial number it should say. Mine says Lot01/A1 (which was an early build. Not including the 1.1 foam). Also, shine a light in the ear cups, if you see white under the black fabric of the ear cup you have a 1.0, if all you see is black you have a 1.1. If the outer brown box hasn't been opened then I don't know if you can tell. If they were received within the last couple of months they will be 1.1.

Thanks for your quick response! The serial number says "Lot 03, A1.1", but the ".1" is not in print, someone added it with a pen.

Thanks for the clarification. I tried for like 5 minutes get a glimpse of white under the pad to confirm 1.1, to no avail. Now it turns out I have 1.1.

Arrrg! My bad! Editing post...

No worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back